Unable to control dosing pumps from Client Suite

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
JJones

Unable to control dosing pumps from Client Suite

Post by JJones »

Originally, I had manually programmed a code to run the dosing pumps but decided to change and try and run them from the Client Suite, but this has not worked. I am able to turn them on and off from the Iphone app, so I know they can be controlled remotely. Not sure what I am missing?

I only changed the pde file, and not any memory settings. Could this be the issue?

Thanks!

Jason
rimai

Re: Unable to control dosing pumps from Client Suite

Post by rimai »

What do you mean by run the doser from the Client Suite?
Roberto.
JJones

Post by JJones »

The memory tab on the Client Suite has a place to input the controls for the dosing pumps. Time to turn on, how long to run, and how often to turn on.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Ah, that is just memory settings.
You still need the dosingpump function on the PDE file.
Roberto.
JJones

Post by JJones »

Ok. What do I need to add besides the following:

ReefAngel.DosingPump1(Port5);
ReefAngel.DosingPump2(Port6);

Thanks!
binder

Post by binder »

JJones wrote:Ok. What do I need to add besides the following:

ReefAngel.DosingPump1(Port5);
ReefAngel.DosingPump2(Port6);

Thanks!
That's all you need to add.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you use DosingPumps, you will not be able to use the Wavemaker1 and 2 functions the same currently because they both share the same timers and can interfere with each other.
JJones

Post by JJones »

Thanks, Curt. Luckily, that is not a problem for me as I don't use the wavemaker functions.

However, the dosing pumps code is currently in my file but I still cannot control when the dosing pumps turn on from the memory tab in client suite.
binder

Post by binder »

JJones wrote: However, the dosing pumps code is currently in my file but I still cannot control when the dosing pumps turn on from the memory tab in client suite.
Hmmm...maybe the memory tab in client suite isn't uploading the dosing pump values appropriately (or to the right memory locations). I'd try changing the values using client suite and then check with the android/iphone app and see if the values were changed. If that doesn't work or help out, then maybe Dave will have to chime in for some assistance.
JJones

Post by JJones »

I played around with it some more and reset the unit and I was able to get it to start working, odd.

On a separate note, the Iphone app does not have the dosing pump controls in the memory section. Is there any way we can get that added?
Last edited by JJones on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
binder

Post by binder »

JJones wrote:I played around with it some more and reset the unit and I was able to get it to start working, odd.
Glad to see it's working for you now.
On a separate note, the Iphone app does not have does not have the dosing pump controls in the memory section. Is there any way we can get that added?
You are going to have to ask wolfador about that one. He is the one maintaining the iPhone app. I just handle the Android app and java Status app.