Help with wifi hardware please

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
Stomp

Help with wifi hardware please

Post by Stomp »

So my footlong ringtail tang had a moment and the result ended up with my RA having a bath..
I cleaned the board in an ultrasonic cleaner and everything looks/works ok bar my WIFI module which has no lights on it at all.
I tested the voltage coming from the controller and its only putting out about 1v... is this correct and is there any way i can do some diagnostics to see whats burned out.
I have access to decent repair tools and microscope but my skills diagnosing this without diagrams is lacking.
Thanks
Adam
rimai

Re: Help with wifi hardware please

Post by rimai »

If it has no lights, it is probably bad.
Roberto.
Stomp

Post by Stomp »

Yeah i figure that but is 1v correct for the red power wire between the brain and the wifi unit?
rimai

Post by rimai »

No. It should be 5v
Roberto.
Stomp

Post by Stomp »

Thank YOU! Gave me somewhere to look and because I was having issues with the joystick going crazy by itself last time i was trying to fix it looks like i didnt re solder the back of the board and you route the power to the wifi module via the joystick pot leg.. Old girl is back in action :)
Now while I have your help one more thing.. the unit no longer keeps its memory i think the battery on board is dead I have a bunch of dead ps4;s laying around here they use the cr2032 batteries.. 3V like the cr1220 thats written on the board.. can i retrofit a cr2032 holder and use the bigger batteries instead?
Thanks
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah. It should be fine.
Roberto.