What are you all using for powerheads?

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
binder

Re: What are you all using for powerheads?

Post by binder »

SouthernReefer wrote:
binder wrote:I believe so. The only downside, I think, is that it only uses 4 of the 8 wires. This will allow you to only use 2 of the 4 channels. it's not a big deal initially, unless you plan to use all 4 of the pwm channels.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Good as I've got it on order. I'll be running 2 of the reef octopus octopulse 2s that's the only item I'm looking to use 0 to 10 v for. If I decide to add a new return pump with o 0 to 10 I'll have to build my own cable then.
you will have to look at what wires are used in the network connector to tell what pwm channels are being used. I have that same cable but not handy, so I can't tell you. the best way is to plug both cables in and have the pwm set to zero. then manually change 1 channel at a time and see what happens. (of course, you probably already knew that but I still felt like sharing)

SouthernReefer

Post by SouthernReefer »

Actually I didn't. This is my first controller and first time with 0 to 10 control, but I'm a tech guy so very inclined, but still would of taken a bit of research, so that saves me some time. I appreciate it!!
binder

Post by binder »

SouthernReefer wrote:Actually I didn't. This is my first controller and first time with 0 to 10 control, but I'm a tech guy so very inclined, but still would of taken a bit of research, so that saves me some time. I appreciate it!!
anytime. feel free to ask all questions you want or even PM me. I'll help as best as I can.

SouthernReefer

Post by SouthernReefer »

Appreciate it! Just started remodeling the room the new tank is going in, so won't be long before im wiring it all up and get it coded. Already doscovt about 3 more modules I "need" LOL