Thinking about getting the RA

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
FredGSanford

Thinking about getting the RA

Post by FredGSanford »

Hey guys,
I heard about this controller over at nano reefs. What stuck out to me the most was the 8 pwm channels using the pwm module that is. But i just wanted to hear Some of you guy's experiences with it. Good and Bad. Anything you would change. Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Seedlessone

Re: Thinking about getting the RA

Post by Seedlessone »

Love mine. Hands down the best choice for me.

Just ordered a second one to replace a DA reef keeper elite. You wont regret your purchase.
binder

Post by binder »

Seedlessone wrote:Love mine. Hands down the best choice for me.

Just ordered a second one to replace a DA reef keeper elite. You wont regret your purchase.
Nice. Very cool. :)
psyrob

Post by psyrob »

I dont have LEDs so I can speak to that, but for a comment to the controller in general, this is the best thing I have ever bought for my tank, not just the hardware, but the experience of working on the forums has just been great. the only thing limiting the RA is my imagination...I am sorry to say that I have it programmed to do everything I want, and now I am out of ideas!! Not the RA's fault, it has a better imagination than I do!! Get it, you won't regret it...
rossbryant1956

Post by rossbryant1956 »

As long as you are willing to dig and study, You will have a blast. I am barely a junior programmer but love the DIY concept of this platform. I sometimes lose patience with unanswered questions but the forum always comes thru for me.

So far I haven't run up on anything it won't do but I am still learning. If you like DIY, and just having the possibility of a programmable controller, then I say go for it. I haven't regretted my purchase.

Thx to everyone that makes this possible.
Roscoe's Reefs - Starting Over Again:

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.
StuGotz

Post by StuGotz »

Dare I say I might have had more fun setting up and customizing the controller than my tank? It's perfect for anyone who loves to tinker and be hands-on. The forums are AMAZING; help is only a search or a post away!
jsclownfish

Post by jsclownfish »

I hear you StuGotz! My 20 yr aquarium hobby has expanded into a controller hobby! I ordered mine about 4 months ago and have learned a ton about reef keeping, systems control, and even programming from the folks on this forum!
-Jon
FredGSanford

Post by FredGSanford »

Glad I'm a tinkerer. Can't wait to get it. I do wish there were more vids on youtube though. Just because I like to see what others are doing.
binder

Post by binder »

FredGSanford wrote:Glad I'm a tinkerer. Can't wait to get it. I do wish there were more vids on youtube though. Just because I like to see what others are doing.
I think we forget to video everything until afterwards....we say "DOH! I should've videod that" :)
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

I should be getting my 2nd RA today or tomorrow. I was thinking of making an unboxing video with instructions on installing everything.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I'd love to see one of those!!! :)
Can you?
Roberto.
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

Sure. Depending on how busy my day is tomorrow I may be able to get it posted by the end of the day.