How dual ATO works??

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
symon_say

How dual ATO works??

Post by symon_say »

This might be a simple question, but dual ATO was kind of tricky for me, i set everything like it was on internal memory, install both float and did some testing to see who it works, i think that it works something like this, low ATO is the principal command for the relay, is low ATO triggers pump is turn on until level is fine again, but in case it don't stop and pump keep sending water and it reaches high ato it will turn off the relay.

But in my test i found this doesn't work like this, maybe i set it wrong, mine works the one that control the pump is high ATO, and low ATO is the safety, in this mode i suppose is made for putting high ato in the sump to turn pump on/off and the low ato in the water reservoir so if reservoir go low on water pump don't start.

If the second one is the way it should work, that i think is the best mode, there is only 1 problem, the cable in the float switch is to short, it won't work even in a 5 gallon bucket.

Another thing, because i didn't know how controller work at first, i left internal memory like it was and just change time for lights, ATO was set to turn on for 60s, but i have a 160g system and 60s is to little for the ATO to fill evaporated water, to change that time do i have to change internal memory or is there a way to set this modifying PDE??
binder

Re: How dual ATO works??

Post by binder »

Have you read this guide:
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=240

To change the ATO timeout, you have 2 options:
1. modify the internal memory
you would use ReefAngel.StandardATO(Port1); (or whatever port you are using for ATO)

2. hard code the timeout
you would use ReefAngel.StandardATO(Port1, 200); (or whatever you want the timeout to be....max value of 32767 seconds)

The hardcoded function can have a timeout that is larger than the internal memory timeout.
symon_say

Post by symon_say »

Yes i read the guide but didn't understand it much, for the hard code i just have to paste that code into my PDE, right??
binder

Post by binder »

symon_say wrote:Yes i read the guide but didn't understand it much, for the hard code i just have to paste that code into my PDE, right??
Yep, you just paste it in and replace the existing StandardATO function.
symon_say

Post by symon_say »

Thanks a lot, it works really nice.
Treamaya

Post by Treamaya »

Just for clarification, when I activate "Dual ATO" in the RAGen, it uses StandardATO() function?
rimai

Post by rimai »

yes
Roberto.