My controller is bricked, HELP ASAP

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
symon_say

My controller is bricked, HELP ASAP

Post by symon_say »

I was modifying my code this afternoon and everything was fine until i upload the code, i get and error on arduino, and after that controller don't do anything i can even connect it to my computer, it's not detected.

If i disconnect controller and conect it again, power led turns on, but no screen or anything, i don't know what to do, is there a way to hard reset the controller cause i can't do anything with my computer.
tkeracer619

Re: My controller is bricked, HELP ASAP

Post by tkeracer619 »

I am pretty sure it is impossible to destroy the controller with code.

On the motherboard of the controller (have to take it apart) there are 3 jumpers. One of them always has a jumper on it called RST. I always assumed it is a reset but I honestly have no idea if that is really what it is. You should wait though for Roberto to respond. I would hate to tell you to do something based on an educated guess.

Also, if you haven't already I would send him a pm. Might get his attention faster.

I did some digging and found the hard reset procedure for the wifi module but could not find it for the actual controller.
symon_say

Post by symon_say »

Thanks, i did, i'm working something out with him, but still nothing.
symon_say

Post by symon_say »

Problem solve, it seen like cable have something lose inside, and fail while uploading the codes.
tkeracer619

Post by tkeracer619 »

Nice!