dumb question...sorry

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
NanoTrevor

dumb question...sorry

Post by NanoTrevor »

how do buckpucks get wired to the pwm output? ref and ctrl....which is positive and negative?
rimai

Re: dumb question...sorry

Post by rimai »

User Manual has the pinout you are looking for.
You can download it at http://www.reefangel.com/Download.ashx
Roberto.
NanoTrevor

Post by NanoTrevor »

thanks roberto, i had marked the relay box with + -, but im just wondering on the puck if ref goes to + or - and same for ctrl...sorry like i said prob dumb question.
NanoTrevor

Post by NanoTrevor »

can anyone possibly help out with this question with a diagram/schematic? ive read different things about connection of pucks to arduino based pwm 0-5v sources...so i need a definitive answer, please.

thanks
rimai

Post by rimai »

According to the manual: http://www.luxdrive.com/download/?dltf&dmid=1109
You could use figure 13, 14 or 15.
If you use 13, my thinking is you would get opposite results because it means 5V=off and the RA code assumes 5V=on.
If you use 14, you would get expected results at the expense of a few extra components.
if you use 15, you would need to get the 5VDC reference from the RA from the temperature probe ports.
So, I hope this can help you.
Roberto.
NanoTrevor

Post by NanoTrevor »

thanks roberto, if i use the straight forward one and reverse the code would it work, instead of 0%-50% ramp, it would be 100%-50% ramp, yeah?
rimai

Post by rimai »

You got it.
Roberto.
NanoTrevor

Post by NanoTrevor »

thanks as always

also so others may learn from my stupidity since i now have the pwm working on the pucks. im not sure if having the pwmslope code on the pde was causing the probs but i would wire it up the way it says, ctrl to 0-5v pwm signal and - from ra to led - only to have weird things happen when i played with the menu pwm settings. i think the 2 were conflicting and when i tested the pwm by removing the pwmslope code it worked like it should...duh. so now im gonna wire it up and set the slope code and cross my fingers. i know you all prob new this and were laughing but im just glad i was able to remove head from butt and get it working.