Web charts and relays not updating

Related to the Portal
Sebyte

Web charts and relays not updating

Post by Sebyte »

For the past three days my Portal has not updated the web charts or the relay data. Also I can start the feeding mode but not remotely cancel it.

My address and routing is correct and port 2000 open.

I also have full functionality on the iPad, and RA Client software. In addition my web banner in the forums is updating.

Any suggestions? :?
rimai

Re: Web charts and relays not updating

Post by rimai »

Here is what I think is happening.
The banner in the forums is an old one. Probably being fed by the Client and not the controller.
Old address: http://www.reefangel.com/status/image_s ... ?id=Sebyte
New address: http://forum.reefangel.com/status/banne ... ?id=Sebyte
Did you change your code 3 days ago?
I think you removed the Portal() function. I can't seem to find log of the controller sending data. I can see the Client sending data though.
I also recommend only having one sending data.
Roberto.
Sebyte

Post by Sebyte »

Nothing changed in my code since I upgraded to 0.9.4 last week.

I did reinstall the RA client on 31st as it would not load memory settings from RA. After uninstalling and reinstalling the client worked according to spec.

I have had a look and removed the "Send parameters to Reef Angel" from the RA Client set-up.

Should I stop the RA client listener and logger? I would not think it would have any effect on data being sent to the Portal now.

My INO has the following, as per latest RAgen.

//*********************************************************************************************************************************
  ReefAngel.Portal("sebyte", "xxxx"); // invoke Portal

////// Place your custom code above here
  // This sends all the data to the portal
  // Do not add any custom code that changes any relay status after this line
  // The only code after this line should be the ShowInterface function

// This should always be the last line
  ReefAngel.ShowInterface();
}

// End of void loop()

Portal still not updating charts or relay data since 31/03/2012.

Also you said the new banner address should be http://forum.reefangel.com/status/banne ... ?id=Sebyte

That is also not showing any up date either.

Any further suggestions?
rimai

Post by rimai »

In the past, have you used the Client to send data for your webbanner or you had banner code in your PDE?
Roberto.
Sebyte

Post by Sebyte »

I had used the client.
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

The Client is definitely not configured to send your controller data to the proper address to make it available on the portal. Just makes it available to the older banners.

Also you shouldn't need to restart any of the services to stop pushing data to reefangel.com. That functionality is handled in the main Client application, not the services. This has since been changed in my new version I'm testing out now and will be available very soon.

For sure the best way to push data to the portal website is through the INO file in the Portal() function if you have the wifi adapter. Like Roberto said, no need to have both the controller and the client pushing data. Pushing through the client should really only be used if you do not have the wifi adapter and still want to get your data on the web portal, err banner (for now).
rimai

Post by rimai »

Can you use putty or any other terminal software and let me know what you get when you type the command:

Code: Select all

get i
Roberto.
Sebyte

Post by Sebyte »

When trying to make a Telnet connection with both Putty and Tera Term I get session closed by host after 3 secs.

I think I remember that the wifi is set to close sessions after 3 secs.

Or should I be connecting through the data cable. In which case what protocol?
rimai

Post by rimai »

use serial at 57600 baud
Roberto.