Portal - Alert System pooling frequency

Related to the Portal
astralmind

Portal - Alert System pooling frequency

Post by astralmind »

Well first I have to express my shock and awe at the new software functionnality. Ok, not that new but new to me; I had put the RA aside for a while since I had other issues with my tank to tackle.

The portal is a game changer and its implementation is superb 8-) On a side note I also find the "Setup Wizard and Wifi GUI" to be god sent for new users. Kudos to you guys!

Now, my question. How frequently is the data pooled by the portal for alert management ? I'm running a test right now with the controller not yet taking care of my tank. My pH is off the wall (no probe connected) and same goes for temperature. I set alerts that should be triggered constantly for both those parameters. I do eventually get them but they only seem to be coming in every 1-1h30 but do repeat indefinitely. From what I was told the portal refreshes it's data every 300 seconds so I'm wondering if I missed something somewhere.

Any thoughts ? Beyond that, I should finally be putting the RA in action, almost a year later :D
rimai

Re: Portal - Alert System pooling frequency

Post by rimai »

Yes, controller will send every 300s, bu once the alert is triggered, the Portal will only send another email after 1h has passed from the previous email sent.
The reason I did this is not to flood your inbox with alerts.
Let's say you have a low temperature at 9am, but will be home to fix only at 9pm. If the Portal were sending every 5 minutes, your inbox would be flooded with 144 emails.
Roberto.
astralmind

Re: Portal - Alert System pooling frequency

Post by astralmind »

rimai wrote:Yes, controller will send every 300s, bu once the alert is triggered, the Portal will only send another email after 1h has passed from the previous email sent.
The reason I did this is not to flood your inbox with alerts.
Let's say you have a low temperature at 9am, but will be home to fix only at 9pm. If the Portal were sending every 5 minutes, your inbox would be flooded with 144 emails.
Definitely understand and agree on the subsequent frequency however, I seemed to get my "first warning" only an hours or so after I added the alert to the portal. Could have been a coincidence or bad luck. I'll try adding some more. Maybe it was because I added an alert to a parameter that was reached the alert point prior to the warning being implemented ?