Issue: All inputs showing as "OFF" state on portal

Related to the Portal
astralmind

Re: Issue: All inputs showing as "OFF" state on portal

Post by astralmind »

Saltydogg wrote:Did this ever get resolved? I am having he same issue?! I have noticed I am getting updates more than 5 minutes apart. Also seems below my banner is no longer updating but it was yesterday prior to getting the connection status: Ready
I believe this:

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1272

is a general issue related to a glitch in the library, will be fixed on next release. Meanwhile you can always use the Android app or it's java equivalent (reef status) on your PC.
jpalmer

Post by jpalmer »

astralmind wrote:
Saltydogg wrote:Did this ever get resolved? I am having he same issue?! I have noticed I am getting updates more than 5 minutes apart. Also seems below my banner is no longer updating but it was yesterday prior to getting the connection status: Ready
I believe this:

is a general issue related to a glitch in the library, will be fixed on next release. Meanwhile you can always use the Android app or it's java equivalent (reef status) on your PC.
I don't think that is the issue here. That issue was present since the release of the 0.9.6 libraries (I didn't check older ones) so, if this issue just started occuring "yesterday" it's not the likely culprit. Unless of course, you updated your libraries yesterday and uploaded the new .INO to the ReefAngel..
astralmind

Post by astralmind »

jpalmer wrote:
astralmind wrote:
I believe this:

I don't think that is the issue here. That issue was present since the release of the 0.9.6 libraries (I didn't check older ones) so, if this issue just started occuring "yesterday" it's not the likely culprit. Unless of course, you updated your libraries yesterday and uploaded the new .INO to the ReefAngel..

In my case it's been going on since I plugged the RA in which would be a week ago or so.
jpalmer

Post by jpalmer »

Astralmind,

They have posted a new library version (0.9.8)
Would you download the latest update utility for your OS, update your libraries to the 0.9.8 version, re-load the code, and see if the issue is resolved?
astralmind

Post by astralmind »

jpalmer wrote:Astralmind,

They have posted a new library version (0.9.8)
Would you download the latest update utility for your OS, update your libraries to the 0.9.8 version, re-load the code, and see if the issue is resolved?
I'll give this a shot tonight for sure. Seeing how it's now being used on my tank I might have to borrow my wife's laptop :) Will keep you posted!
jpalmer

Post by jpalmer »

I was wondering if that helped?
astralmind

Post by astralmind »

I haven't had the opportunity to flash updated code to my RA yet, however I wanted to share that this "glitch" seems to be gone with the updated Portal! Good stuff!
symon_say

Post by symon_say »

Any one else having this problem, i update to 1.0.0 trying to solve this with no luck, when i go to portal i get "Ready" but the info display is old, and if the portal update i'll just roll back as soon as you refresh the page.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Last update the server has from your controller is Monday, July 09, 2012 4:14:06 PM (Pacific Time)
Roberto.
symon_say

Post by symon_say »

I know, but last night it was updated, but it seen like the server is not keeping my data. In the pic you can see the portal updated, but if i refresh it goes back to jul 9.

rimai

Post by rimai »

In Live more, the Portal doesn't pull data from the server. It pulls data from the controller, but it doesn't store it.
To store it, you need to have the Portal() function in your code and you need to make sure you have the wifi attachment setup properly.
Which app did you use to configure it? Dave's or the java app that comes with the Reef Angel Installer?
Roberto.
symon_say

Post by symon_say »

Dave's because java app was giving me some trouble, because i use static ip for the controller.

i have this in my code string:

Code: Select all

// This should always be the last line
    ReefAngel.Portal( "Symon_say" );
    ReefAngel.ShowInterface();
rimai

Post by rimai »

Make sure that when you setup with Dave's utility, you also click "Save Remote Settings" with reefangel.com selected.
Roberto.
symon_say

Post by symon_say »

Just to inform i set everything with the java app and still have the same problem, set it with Dave's app and with reefangel.com selected and is working again.

Thanks to all.