"Last Update" not equal to Live date

Related to the Portal
Treamaya

"Last Update" not equal to Live date

Post by Treamaya »

This is from right now. Why am I seeing the "last update" as a week ago, but I am getting live data?Image
rimai

Re: "Last Update" not equal to Live date

Post by rimai »

The last update showing is the last time the server got data from the controller.
You will see that your webbanners all have that date.
The logic of the Portal is load webbanner data, then try to connect to controller for live data.
What probably happened was that the connection took much longer and the last update never changed.
Is it still showing that date even after a minute or so has passed?
What browser are you using?
Roberto.
Treamaya

Post by Treamaya »

Now it changed... are you pushing magic buttons over there? :geek: I have been checking most of the week while I have been away and figured my IP had changed. Using IE 9.0.8112
Treamaya

Post by Treamaya »

I did hit refresh on the portal page once, after it initially loaded, before I made the post.

Thanks again for the extremely prompt attention and reply!
rimai

Post by rimai »

:)
Yeah, if the connection takes too long, the AJAX query may not update everything or time out, but it should catch up on next query or two.
Roberto.
Treamaya

Post by Treamaya »

Here is a twist...
I opened the Portal screen again today withonly one tab in IE open, with the exact same results as yesterday, the May 17th data.
I refreshed it, no change. Went to this thread... Opened a new tab, went to the portal and wallahh I get the proper data.
Treamaya

Post by Treamaya »

I am using a favorite on my tool bar for the portal. After posting the previous thread I closed the second tab that was showing the proper current data, clicked my favorites shortcut on the one and only tab open and I got the May 17th data again. I opened a second tab hit my favorites button and received the current data. I then tabbed between the two noting the difference and after a minute the original tab updated to the correct data. Strange. It appears the first tab will only show the correct data when another tab is open that is showing the correct data.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Roberto.
Treamaya

Post by Treamaya »

Great! No problem, was just trying to describe the symptoms. Thanks again!