Wireless Module Failure

Related to the Portal
maleci

Wireless Module Failure

Post by maleci »

I noticed this week that my RA phone app and the portal seem to have stopped responding. I cycled the controller and it still won't receive connections. I then pulled the wireless adapter and went to the computer to verify it didn't somehow change the IP it was using and still seems to be using the same internal IP. Looking at the wireless logs on my router the port forwarding hasn't changed and it shows all the incoming requests from the portal/phone app and just shows the requests timing out. I haven't applied any updates to the controller since I picked it up early this year and the wireless adapter is flashing green as usual and appears to be functioning just fine. None of my other wireless devices appear to be having any issues so I'm not thinking the routers wireless died. Any other ideas?
rimai

Re: Wireless Module Failure

Post by rimai »

Can you try factory reset and setting up again?
Roberto.
maleci

Post by maleci »

I reset to default code on the controller and nothing. I went back into the wireless setup program and noticed when I did an output of wireless settings it came back with a lot of garbage text instead of anything useful so I'm thinking the wireless card settings got corrupted or something. I went and redid the setup and updated my routers port forwarding to reflect the new IP and it is showing up as a wireless connection on my router but has a flashing blue light light and is not finding a host when I try to ping it.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Blue blink means it is not connected to your wifi.
I meant restore factory reset the wifi attachment and not the controller.
Roberto.
maleci

Post by maleci »

During setup again with the GUI program it looks like everything goes through and it assigns a new IP and seems at least through that everything went fine. However it seems to be connecting to the router still under the old IP which I think is what's causing the issues. Is there something that needs to be done to get it to release the old IP before just setting it up again?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Is it blinking slow green?
If so, you are good. It's ok to use the same ip address. There is no need to change it.
Roberto.
maleci

Post by maleci »

The green light is blinking and then the blue is blinks like 4 times pauses off then 4 more.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Blue means not connected.
Would you like me to try having it setup for you?
Send me a PM.
Roberto.