Portal Addon Ideas

Related to the Portal
alexwbush

Portal Addon Ideas

Post by alexwbush »

First, I really love the Portal! I was away from the boards for a couple months and wow have things advanced!

Please don't take these for, "Roberto, get to work." They're more, "hey, Roberto, buddy... if you ever find yourself bored sitting on a white sandy beach, here's something to take a look at."

I had a few ideas for potential future addons or changes:
1. Is it possible to add a link at the top where we can specify the port or a web address and it would be a link to our webcam? I haven't setup my webcam yet, but it would be cool if I didn't have to find the IP address of the camera every time and type it in another window, but rather a link to open in a new window was available in the portal.
2. Is there a way we can turn off or blank out unused data? If we don't run PWM channels, maybe we could uncheck that? Same for expansion modules (Salinity, ORP, pH exp)?
3. Can we separate temp charts from other charts? I think pH, salinity, etc would have a better look and feel if they had their own charts.
4. If we have multiple RA setups, is there or can there by a way to view both without having multiple logins? I am currently running 2 RAs and have to logout and login to view different ones for different tanks. It's also a bit of a pain for the app, but thats maybe another future development. I think I can run one in "home" and one in "away" on the android app.
rimai

Re: Portal Addon Ideas

Post by rimai »

Good suggestions.
I'll see what can be done in future updates :)
#3 though can easily be achieved by simply clicking the labels on the chart. For example, you can pull the complete chart and click the pH or any other label to hide that parameter :)
Try it and let me know if that works for you :)
Roberto.
alexwbush

Post by alexwbush »

rimai wrote:Good suggestions.
I'll see what can be done in future updates :)
#3 though can easily be achieved by simply clicking the labels on the chart. For example, you can pull the complete chart and click the pH or any other label to hide that parameter :)
Try it and let me know if that works for you :)
I do that when I want to look at temps better, but you have to do that every time you look at it... what can I say? I'm lazy :lol:
00Warpig00

Post by 00Warpig00 »

It would also be nice to be capable of re labeling the "ATO Ports" header, "ATO High/ATO Low" as well as the "PWM Channels" Header and the "Daylight/Actinic" labels since these CAN and some of them in my case ARE used for other things.

Nick
180G FOWLR
20GH QT#1
29G QT#2

rimai

Post by rimai »

Agreed :)
Roberto.
lnevo

Portal Addon Ideas

Post by lnevo »

I second the idea of having an image/ frame for a webcam link.

Love the idea of relabeling the ato high/low.

Would be nice to hide unused probe values and i dont need to stare at the blank radion values...they make me want to buy one too badly...
barbianj

Post by barbianj »

alexwbush wrote:First, I really love the Portal! I was away from the boards for a couple months and wow have things advanced!
3. Can we separate temp charts from other charts? I think pH, salinity, etc would have a better look and feel if they had their own charts.
You can bookmark a page like this:

"http://forum.reefangel.com/status/chart.aspx?id=putyournamehere&filter=ph" (no quotes)

I do this because I'm too lazy to click on the labels, too. ;)
surff

Post by surff »

Like the web interface best.

One change I would like to see is that the Relay Box switch be modified in such a way as to have a separate button for each of the three button positions, or possibly a toggle switch represntation. Trying to get a switch state change with the current button style on an iPhone or iPad is very problematic.

ned@L17.com
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah, it is something I need to work on. I just gotta find the correct one and implement it.
Roberto.
alexwbush

Post by alexwbush »

Another cool idea would be if the relays and sensors, or at least some of them, would link to their respective graph or show a graph when hovering over (i.e. when hovering over water level, you can click to go straight to the graph instead of remembering the special address to look at the WL graph)

If we get one working, this could easily work for ATO, temps, salinity, etc for individual graphs. That would solve my concern with pH and salinity needing separate graphs vice being on the web chart automatically with the temps.