Custom locations for Internal Memory

Related to the Portal
lnevo

Custom locations for Internal Memory

Post by lnevo »

So I've been using a few locations now and I've seen some threads for people using Internal memory variables for a few new tasks. I was wondering if we can add a feature request to the portal to display a range of variables under the "Internal Memory" section on the portal.

This way you don't have to remember the /miXXX or /mbXXX syntax every time and could quickly query and/or modify some of the settings we are putting in our custom code.

I know it would be tricky but maybe a similar method to how you are doign custom labels for user variables?

Have a "settings" page to choose maybe up to 8 or 10 locations, drop down for Byte or Int, and a label so we remember what they are for?

Personally, I keep having to go back to my code to remember what I'm using each location for... one day I'll remember them :)
00Warpig00

Re: Custom locations for Internal Memory

Post by 00Warpig00 »

Something similar would be awesome for the Android app too. Some Internal "saveable" user defined memory locations like the rest of the predefined ones that are in the android app. Give them a title and a memory location thats saved then when you pick one just input your data... or what would be even more awesome is if you could save some values with names also.. Pick your Memory locations example "Mask PWM Lights" and then have multiple choice of the answer that fills in the data 0= "No mask" 1= "Mask On" 2= "Mask Off"

Nick
180G FOWLR
20GH QT#1
29G QT#2

binder

Post by binder »

00Warpig00 wrote:Something similar would be awesome for the Android app too. Some Internal "saveable" user defined memory locations like the rest of the predefined ones that are in the android app. Give them a title and a memory location thats saved then when you pick one just input your data... or what would be even more awesome is if you could save some values with names also.. Pick your Memory locations example "Mask PWM Lights" and then have multiple choice of the answer that fills in the data 0= "No mask" 1= "Mask On" 2= "Mask Off"

Nick
This sounds good. I'm working on some ideas for improving the Internal Memory page/section to make it more user friendly. This sounds like a great idea and I've got an idea of how to implement it. The last part with doing the multiple choice might be a little trickier but the saving custom locations would be straight forward. I will give this stuff some more thought.
00Warpig00

Post by 00Warpig00 »

binder wrote:
00Warpig00 wrote:Something similar would be awesome for the Android app too. Some Internal "saveable" user defined memory locations like the rest of the predefined ones that are in the android app. Give them a title and a memory location thats saved then when you pick one just input your data... or what would be even more awesome is if you could save some values with names also.. Pick your Memory locations example "Mask PWM Lights" and then have multiple choice of the answer that fills in the data 0= "No mask" 1= "Mask On" 2= "Mask Off"

Nick
This sounds good. I'm working on some ideas for improving the Internal Memory page/section to make it more user friendly. This sounds like a great idea and I've got an idea of how to implement it. The last part with doing the multiple choice might be a little trickier but the saving custom locations would be straight forward. I will give this stuff some more thought.

I though the multiple choice would be a stretch since the user would have to supply a) option b) number of answers b) name of each answer c) value to pass for that answer at a minimum.

Nick
180G FOWLR
20GH QT#1
29G QT#2

binder

Post by binder »

00Warpig00 wrote: I though the multiple choice would be a stretch since the user would have to supply a) option b) number of answers b) name of each answer c) value to pass for that answer at a minimum.

Nick
It may not be a stretch. I've actually got an idea of how it could be done, but it will take a little bit to implement and test out. This may not be a feature that gets added in immediately but it is definitely something that is slated to be added.
00Warpig00

Post by 00Warpig00 »

Cool!
180G FOWLR
20GH QT#1
29G QT#2