port forwarding issues

Related to the Portal
Paulweck

Re: port forwarding issues

Post by Paulweck »

first off i wanna thank everybody who helped me get this thing right. and a big shout out to rimai for his remote access skillz. we ( or should i say he ) figured out that it was my router, so i installed a second router and he got it all configured from there. everything is running great for the past hour so well see how everything goes.

thanks again everybody, my new picaso clownfish pair are greatful as well
Attachments
IMAG0797.jpg
IMAG0797.jpg (101.91 KiB) Viewed 6378 times
dbmet

port forwarding issues

Post by dbmet »

Wahoo... Great looking Fish!!
Paulweck

Post by Paulweck »

thanks i cant wait to get tem in the tank now that the wifi is set up the tank is complete,cycled and ready to be stocked. now got to get through a little QT period and in the tank they go.

thanks again dbmet for all your help through this process. now i get to play with it now that its running the way i wanted..
Paulweck

Post by Paulweck »

ok so the wifi has been running great. no issues so far. :)

now i would like to know a little bit more info on the dynamic dns. i have a no-ip.com account. can one of u guy chime in and help a (getting smarter everyday) noob out?.....
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Under the advanced setting on the verizon router, you can setup Dynamic DNS. You can add the no-ip.com acount info and the router will update the address.

I'm not sure how no-ip.com works, but wiht dyn-dyns your account name is your dns name...

So for me, I have easte.dyndns.org and I put my account info into the router. The router updates dyndns anytime the external IP changes. And in my iPhone I pount to easte.dyndns.org port 2000 for my ReefAngel and it connects back to my router.

It should be fairly straight forward. The only problem is for dyndns I have a grandfathered free account so I have the client also running on my computer to make sure it logs more frequently otherwise I lose my account if not updated every 30 days...
dbmet

Post by dbmet »

No-ip works the same way except for deleting of the account..Lol

You need your server www.no-ip.com
hostname you picked
username
password

And thats about it.
daniella3d

Post by daniella3d »

I think dyndns.com has free accouts, so you don't have to pay for basic stuff like dynamic DNS.

I use Dyndns and there is no need to setup anything in the router even. I just use a small program that update dyndns on regular basis with my current ip and voilà.

https://account.dyn.com/entrance/

Strangly they say that no-ip is free on their web page??
dbmet

port forwarding issues

Post by dbmet »

No-ip is free.
Paulweck

Post by Paulweck »

yea i have no-ip i know they have a free account but i got the pro account for being able to host web cams witch is my next projects so im sure when my wifi cams get here i will dig into it more i haven had time to mess with it due to my work flow this week..

but as a update for my wifi unit.. everything is running great no signal loss or disconnections so far and were on day 5