Notice when not updating

Related to the Portal
jsclownfish

Notice when not updating

Post by jsclownfish »

Hi all,

Is there a trick to let you know that the portal is no longer updating? My wifi occassionally loses connectivity and I can almost always reset my modem or reset the RA to get things back online. However, I usually don't notice until I randomly check the tank or the apps to see how things are going. The problem is I also lose all the data for that time period so I can't track it. It's not a big deal, but it would be cool to get a notice that things don't seem to be live anymore. I think a query that checks and notices no changes over a couple intervals would be a good clue that something is up.

Thanks,
Jon
lnevo

Notice when not updating

Post by lnevo »

That would be a cool alert to set in the portal. Roberto what if you put a variable we could access, it could be calculated from the database... LastUpdated (minutes since last update). Can set an alarm if it exceeds 10 minutes.
rimai

Re: Notice when not updating

Post by rimai »

Server does not have a service running, so it can't check for intervals.
The alerts are sent because it happens when the controller pushes data.
Roberto.
00Warpig00

Post by 00Warpig00 »

I always know when my system is not updating. If you have an android just use Curts android app and set it to update for whatever interval you want. Mine checks my tank every 15 minutes 24/7/365 if the controller does not respond the app waits a few seconds and checks again to insure the issue wasn't just a small internet dropout. If it fails both times it chimes my phone telling me to check on things. It's nearly 100% certain that if my android isnt getting updates neither is the portal. It would not be the portal telling you something is wrong, but it would still give you the same end result. You know something is wrong within x minutes of the dropout.

Nick
180G FOWLR
20GH QT#1
29G QT#2

lnevo

Notice when not updating

Post by lnevo »

rimai wrote:Server does not have a service running, so it can't check for intervals.
The alerts are sent because it happens when the controller pushes data.
Makes sense, oh well.
jsclownfish

Post by jsclownfish »

hmmm. I'm an iPhone user, so maybe we can request that in one of the next releases.

-Jon
dbmet

Notice when not updating

Post by dbmet »

I'm an iPhone user too. But I signed up at reeftronics.net and his system charts everything and also will send an email to you if it can't contact your Reefangel.
lnevo

Notice when not updating

Post by lnevo »

Great find! Just signed up!
DrewPalmer04

Post by DrewPalmer04 »

Wow sweet!!!
Out for now...but not over.

VISIT: Ethernet Module/Wifi Alternative
dbmet

Notice when not updating

Post by dbmet »

Yup very cool. I use it for my Apex on one tank and the ReefAngel on my other tank.
lnevo

Notice when not updating

Post by lnevo »

Well the site now properly supports relay masks :)

It also supports Custom variables, WaterLevel sensor, color-coded radion graphs, and properly labeled vortech speed graph.

Can't wait to see 30 day charts :)
dbmet

Notice when not updating

Post by dbmet »

Very cool.