Private Portal

Related to the Portal
Topcat

Private Portal

Post by Topcat »

Hi,
The portal is great, but is a private version available to run on your own server in your own network?

Thanks
Tony
binder

Post by binder »

Topcat wrote:Hi,
The portal is great, but is a private version available to run on your own server in your own network?

Thanks
Tony
you can log things on your own server but you have to configure it yourself. there is not a simple way to just "copy a few files and you are in business". you could create your own scripts to process the data and store it. you would have to change the libraries and tell them to send to your own server instead. Roberto might be able to help you out with some scripts he uses but I'm not positive.
lnevo

Private Portal

Post by lnevo »

I have some php stuff Ive been working on to create my own web interface / dashboard. Its really easy to grab the r99 data and populate most things. Ive also got the functions to parse the /mr data and populate the Memory variables. If your interested in that route i can see what i can do to share it. I was planning on publishing it at some point.

I even added and extended the ra libraries to read custom memory ranges so that you can parse anything specifc you've used for custom variables. I have a web form page that has all my custom memory locations populated in the fields and easy to change..
Topcat

Re: Private Portal

Post by Topcat »

I think i need to learn a little more about the coding before i play, I am very interested as i have web servers running at the moment on my nas so the capability is waiting.
paulvisco

Re: Private Portal

Post by paulvisco »

http://www.pavsoftworks.com/rc/

this is the portal i use for my DIY controller that i will be replacing with the RA in due time...

I spent many a night to get thigs going, keep in mind that im only sending data from my controler to by own database on my server..

it can be done but get very complicated as you add features.. I may try to do the same thing with the RA but for now i plan to use robertos solution to save time and hair...