Portal not showing expansion relay

Related to the Portal
dedvalson

Portal not showing expansion relay

Post by dedvalson »

My Expansion relay isn't showing up on the Portal (which is connected live). How do I tell the portal that there is an expansion relay attached?

Don
rimai

Re: Portal not showing expansion relay

Post by rimai »

It does it automatically if your wifi is sending data to the portal.
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Did you update your code at all or just plug in the relay expansion?

You have to have at least one port on the relay used inside your code for the support to be added to the controller.
dedvalson

Post by dedvalson »

I am using all eight expansion relays and they show up on the android app, just not on the portal.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I don't think the portal is getting data from your controller or the key is incorrect.
Roberto.
dedvalson

Post by dedvalson »

Hi,

I think I may have found the problem. In my profile in the User Control Panel, I had entered my dyndns URL. However, that seems to be changed automatically to a static IP address. I changed it back to my dyndns address and suddenly all of the data appeared. However, after a few seconds, it had been changed back to a IP address instead of the dyndns URL.

Now everything is appearing, all 8 expansion boxes and other stuff I don't have. So I wen't from not showing any expansion to showing it all.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The dns changing to an ip is normal and the portal uses the IP that it gets data from automatically.

Not sure what is going on with the portal as far as the display. You can see the parameters last sent from your controller and all appears to be in order. Before you had no data...

http://forum.reefangel.com/status/param ... =dedvalson

At this point try logging off, restarting your browser (remove cache if possible) and sign back in and see what it looks like. I would also check to make sure your port forwarding is working properly. The portal starts by displaying data in the database and then tries to connect to your RA for live data.
dedvalson

Post by dedvalson »

I tried connecting from a different computer, got the same results, it is showing the PWM expansion that I don't have, 8 relay boxes etc.

Is there something in that XML that tells the Portal how many relay boxes are installed? I see it is sending data for all 8. Should I have something in my RA sketch that tells how many relay boxes there are?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

If you look at the r99 data you will see info on all the expansions, but the REM field should show how many relay expansions you have.
dedvalson

Post by dedvalson »

Not sure what happened. I updated to the new library and downloaded a new sketch last night. After doing that the portal was still showing lots of strange stuff but this morning it looks perfect. So the problem went away, I'm just not sure why.

Don
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Cool