Wifi issues

Related to the Portal
Rita

Wifi issues

Post by Rita »

Hello, I really don't understand how my wifi works...
I can see it on my router Image
And if I try to connect to the Internet typing 192.168.0.13:2000 I can see the current temperature, but the portal and the app on my iPhone is updated at aug,4
Why?
Rita

Re: Wifi issues

Post by Rita »

Today it works
So weird!
Rita

Post by Rita »

Please help me!!!
Via LAN if I check 192.168.0.13:2000 (this is the ip for the reefangel wifi) I can see the temps, but the portal doesn't update and I see unreachable address.
Why??????????????
egadgetjnr

Post by egadgetjnr »

Have you tried either: a) setting a static ip for something in the hundreds. Or b) reserving the IP in the router (that's a Netgear router I'm assuming, it should be under LAN setup).

Also, do you have a separate modem or just an all-in-one modem/router?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

There are two different modes that the portal gets data through.

The first is when the controller sends data to the portal. This does not require any static IP or any port forwarding. The RA sends data every 5 minutes assuming the following line is listed in your code:

ReefAngel.Portal("username");

This will fail if you have set a key in the portal settings but did not add the key to the line. If you added a key in the portal settings, your Portal command must look like this

ReefAngel.Portal("username","key");

So, this is most likely your problem with the outgoing update. The second method is when you are logged into the portal and the portal requests data from your controller directly. Again, the key needs to match what's in your code. If this does not match then it won't work. This method does require port forwarding to be working which there are many threads on how to troubleshoot this.

Hope that helps.