Alternate Portal

Related to the Portal
User avatar
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:52 pm
Location: Pearland, TX
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:10 am
Any updates on this? I also know PHP and JS. I work for a technology company doing application QA, can i help with anything?
User avatar
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:46 am
chachew wrote:Any updates on this? I also know PHP and JS. I work for a technology company doing application QA, can i help with anything?

not much further updates on my end. depending on how involved you want to be will determine what all you want to work on. i know lnevo has a portal already working in terms that it displays the data. i know he updates it, but maybe more work could be done on that end to get and display the data.
i started working on a script to store the data in a database but do not remember how far i got. i know i have some basics but have not really tested sending data to my server.
so, it's up to you as to what you want to work on and contribute with. just let us know what you would be interested in helping with.
User avatar
Posts: 5349
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 am
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:37 am
I use mine exclusively. The code is posted. Its definitely not the cleanest but it works great!!!
User avatar
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:52 pm
Location: Pearland, TX
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:55 am
binder wrote:
chachew wrote:Any updates on this? I also know PHP and JS. I work for a technology company doing application QA, can i help with anything?

not much further updates on my end. depending on how involved you want to be will determine what all you want to work on. i know lnevo has a portal already working in terms that it displays the data. i know he updates it, but maybe more work could be done on that end to get and display the data.
i started working on a script to store the data in a database but do not remember how far i got. i know i have some basics but have not really tested sending data to my server.
so, it's up to you as to what you want to work on and contribute with. just let us know what you would be interested in helping with.


I would like to look at it if you guys dont mind. Is there a downloadable copy somewhere?
User avatar
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:52 pm
Location: Pearland, TX
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:56 am
lnevo wrote:I use mine exclusively. The code is posted. Its definitely not the cleanest but it works great!!!


lnevo, i ran across your thread and im going to check yours out as well. Thanks

Posts: 12245
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 pm
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:00 am
If you would like to look at our universal app and see why it doesn't work as standalone, it would be awesome too :)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4674
It's basically a HTML5 with jquerymobile interface. I have it working as an app for Android and iOS7, but I didn't have time to look at why it doesn't work as standalone.
Files are here: https://github.com/reefangel/U-App
Roberto.
User avatar
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:52 pm
Location: Pearland, TX
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:29 pm
rimai wrote:If you would like to look at our universal app and see why it doesn't work as standalone, it would be awesome too :)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4674
It's basically a HTML5 with jquerymobile interface. I have it working as an app for Android and iOS7, but I didn't have time to look at why it doesn't work as standalone.
Files are here: https://github.com/reefangel/U-App


Roberto, i see a few problems right off the bat here.

index.js
  • Line 31 - need ';' at the end of that line
  • Need to set the value for 'forum_username' in localStorage via localStorage.setItem("forum_username",$("#txt_controller_name").val());

    Currently 'forum_username' is never set when adding a new controller

When trying to get values from RA, you cannot get data from a cross domain source. You CAN get around this problem by using jsonp, BUT RA returns XML and not JSON. I guess you could convert XML to a JSON string. But i have not gone that far yet.

As far as i know this is NOT possible with XML cross domain calls. I think at this point their are 2 possible solutions.
1. Have the RA controller output a json string in addition to the XML data??
2. Use a 3rd party, YQL, to possible convert the data. https://developer.yahoo.com/yql/guide/usage_info_limits.html

Option 1 would be ideal
User avatar
Posts: 5349
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 am
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:44 pm
I think we can get json, I just don't remember how :)
User avatar
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:11 pm
yes we can get json data, check ra_wifi.cpp file and it will show you the data.


Sent from my iPad mini

Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:21 pm
Location: Albany, GA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:23 pm
I've got a pi still sitting in the box meant for xbmc but if this can made to run my own RA server it'd be great especially with the U-app interface.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
PreviousNext

Return to Portal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron