Alternate Portal

Related to the Portal
dlplunkett44

Re: Alternate Portal

Post by dlplunkett44 »

I do not have much coding experience but I am willing to learn what is necessary. What is the current state of this? What newer commands is it not able to do? As far as an interface, do you mean a web page to display the data? Is it capable of storing the data into a database?
binder

Post by binder »

dlplunkett44 wrote:I do not have much coding experience but I am willing to learn what is necessary. What is the current state of this? What newer commands is it not able to do? As far as an interface, do you mean a web page to display the data? Is it capable of storing the data into a database?
In it's current state, it should be able to store the data in a database (i believe it's set for SQLite database). I don't recall how / if it displays the data on a web page. It is designed to be used for internal usages because of no authentication and such.
It only receives data and can serve data in terms of sending out the status requests. It does not issue any commands to the controller, nor does it accept commands to be relayed.
I would have to test it and see what it does since I do not recall off hand.
It is written in PHP and an authentication, display, and management interface is needed.
dlplunkett44

Post by dlplunkett44 »

Thanks for the info. I'm going to load it into my pi in the next few days and see where I can get with it. How often does the controller send data?
binder

Post by binder »

dlplunkett44 wrote:Thanks for the info. I'm going to load it into my pi in the next few days and see where I can get with it. How often does the controller send data?
every 15 minutes by default but i believe that can be changed in the libraries (not user configurable, but hard coded)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk