Issue with the portal..

Related to the Portal
dapg8gt

Issue with the portal..

Post by dapg8gt »

I'm having some strange issue with the portal.. I am using the android app and all functions work flawlessly home and away.. I have the correct ip and port forwarding is open on port 2000..i can see what's registering on my RA but I can't load any graphs banners or even open up the portal settings.. This is all happening on my Samsung galaxy S4 I haven't tried it on the computer yet but a few days ago it was working fine on the computer.. Another random issue was I was getting a lot of errors on the ipad app also.. Though I haven't used that one in a while so there may be things I don't know about on that since I've been away from here for a while..

Any point in the right direction would be appreciated.. I just pretty much wanted to see the pH graph and now the orp and I don't believe the android app has the graph itself visual wise.. I know it has the functionality I was honestly trying to show an apex user that I have a graph also and it didn't work lol.. I'm sure it's a me issue being a rookie =).. Thanks..
My other hobby has 450rwhp and eats tires instead of mysis!
fatman

Re: Issue with the portal..

Post by fatman »

I am also having issues seeing relay activity and graphs on the portal, but everything else is working fine.
rimai

Post by rimai »

@dapg8gt:
I don't see any history for your forum username.
http://forum.reefangel.com/status/chart ... &filter=ph
I do see that you have a portal key setup. Did you also change your code to match the same key?
It needs to be like this:

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.Portal("dapg8gt","myportalkey");
Replace the myportalkey with the same one you used on the portal settings.
You can also remove the key in the portal settings instead of updating your code.

@fatman:
Same thing as above.
The last data sent by your controller was 9/19/13
The Portal only shows history for the last 7 days.
Roberto.
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

I'll check tonight.. I know I've used it in the past and set it up but I may have not added that this round.. Thanks
fatman

Post by fatman »

Thanks!
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

now it's a little different issue. I Still can't use any functions on the portal from my Android devices. The tablet I use for the tank and my galaxy.. Portal opens up and tells the correct info I just can't view the graphs, toggle the switches or use anything really..

Do others use the portal from your phone/tablet or do most do like I do and just use the app.. I must be missing something here if I'm the only person..
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Sounds like your port forwarding is not working. There are two communications that go on from the portal...

Outgoing from RA to Portal - Every 5 minutes RA sends data to the portal.. this is what you would see when logging in...
Incoming from Portal to RA - When you log in or do commands from the portal it needs to connect to your RA this requires port 2000 on your router to forward to your RA. This is what sounds like is missing...maybe..
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

[quote="lnevo"]Sounds like your port forwarding is not working. There are two communications that go on from the portal...

Outgoing from RA to Portal - Every 5 minutes RA sends data to the portal.. this is what you would see when logging in...
Incoming from Portal to RA - When you log in or do commands from the portal it needs to connect to your RA this requires port 2000 on your router to forward to your RA. This is what sounds like is missing...maybe..[/qu

Thanks for the reply I might have misunderstood your reccomendation but My port forwarding seems to be working fine I have had it up and running for a while on a static ip plus the Android and iPad apps work perfectly fine.. I have since even added a Web cam and have another port forwarded so I know it's process is done right..

The Android /portal issue has been going on for a while with me .. The portal works perfect on my laptop also that's the only way for me to be able to see the graphs and relay activity.. Forgot to mention that.. Haven't tried it on my iPad though.

Don't know if it's the galaxy or what both the phone and the tablet are running on jellybean so Idk.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Gotcha, no idea. I know chrome has some issues with the portal and usually revert to safari..