Portal is not updating

Related to the Portal
lnevo

Re: Portal is not updating

Post by lnevo »

I don't see anything in the code that would block the portal updates.... but your definitely not sending... Did you set a portal key in the portal settings?
ecam

Post by ecam »

But Lee,

If you wait about 2 mins. The page updates correctly and allow me to toggle switchs. However after every toggle it takes 2 mins as the date resets to the 3/25 and then resets to May 1.
[img]
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (94.18 KiB) Viewed 6722 times
[/img]
ecam

Post by ecam »

lnevo wrote:I don't see anything in the code that would block the portal updates.... but your definitely not sending... Did you set a portal key in the portal settings?
No

[img]
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (25.2 KiB) Viewed 6720 times
[/img]
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

No, there is 2 sets of communication we are talking about...

1) Portal -> RA (happens when you log in and want to switch relays/update memory)
This is the one that requires port forwarding to get back inside your network.

2) RA -> Portal (happens every 5 minutes from the RA. Sends your parameters to the portal)
This is the data that is stored in the DB and shows up when you first log in.

You have #1 working. When you log into the portal it first shows data from #2 and then refreshes after you've loaded the page. This is why you see good data after waiting 2 minutes.

#1 is usually the hard one to setup since it requires port forwarding. For #2 the only other thing it could be is the IP address for the portal may have been screwed up. Did you change anything on your wifi module around that time? I'll let roberto chime in on what parameter it is your looking for. I think if you can get a "get e" on your wifi module it would help to determine if I'm on the right track.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Looks like to be the wifi attachment.
You will need to either get the dump from the wifi module with "get e" command or plug the usb-ttl cable and use the Serial Monitor on Arduino.
Roberto.
ecam

Post by ecam »

Please explain?. Should I essentially uninstall and then re-install the wifi module?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Roberto.
ecam

Post by ecam »

It worked guys. Thanks for all the help. I am now updating to the portal. I did the factory reset