Our DDNS service

Related to the Portal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:41 am
hmmm if I simply use astralmind-reef.myreefangel.com, it attempts to connect directly to my router asking for its credentials. I have to add the ":2000" for it to bounce to my reef angel (and from there on it seems fine). Did I miss something ?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:46 am
astralmind wrote:hmmm if I simply use astralmind-reef.myreefangel.com, it attempts to connect directly to my router asking for its credentials. I have to add the ":2000" for it to bounce to my reef angel (and from there on it seems fine). Did I miss something ?

Nope, that is correct. The DDNS service just points a domain name to your home network (ip address). you still need the port to get to the reef angel.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:04 pm
binder wrote:
astralmind wrote:hmmm if I simply use astralmind-reef.myreefangel.com, it attempts to connect directly to my router asking for its credentials. I have to add the ":2000" for it to bounce to my reef angel (and from there on it seems fine). Did I miss something ?

Nope, that is correct. The DDNS service just points a domain name to your home network (ip address). you still need the port to get to the reef angel.

Perfect, thanks! Awesome job on the android app btw, had not used it in 3 years, it evolved nicely
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:40 pm
astralmind wrote:
binder wrote:

Perfect, thanks! Awesome job on the android app btw, had not used it in 3 years, it evolved nicely

Thanks!

Previous

Return to Portal