Total networking noob here, can someone help me?

Related to the Portal
rimai

Re: Total networking noob here, can someone help me?

Post by rimai »

There must be something still misconfigured in your wifi attachment.
I also can't see port open when checking your public ip address.
Roberto.
gaberosenfield

Post by gaberosenfield »

That's strange; when I check port 2000 at IP 142.254.24.170 I get "Port 2000 is open on 142.254.24.170.".

I guess I'll try to reconfigure the wifi attachment again...
gaberosenfield

Post by gaberosenfield »

Well by reconfiguring the wifi module following exactly what the guide first suggested, I was able to make it work like a charm! Thanks so much for all your help!

For the record, much of my confusion seems to have come from some unclear instructions in the wifi attachment manual. For example, it was not at all clear to me that if I changed the string that is sent to the remote TCP client when the TCP port is opened from the default to anything else, the portal wouldn't accept my wifi module's uploads. It also says that the flush size should be set to the largest possible value and that that value is 1420. So I set it to 1420. In the end, I had to change it back to 1024, which is also suggested in the manual, in order to get everything to work. Perhaps the manual should be made more clear. I would be willing to make the changes, but I'm not really sure how to make those changes to a PDF without a program to which I do not have access.

Thanks again everyone, especially Roberto!
rimai

Post by rimai »

I think 1420 size should work. The modules are shipped wit 1420.
1024 works too.
Roberto.