Unreachable address RA star

Related to the Portal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:25 pm
I have gone into my profile and added the address star grabbed on my network. I still get address unreachable using port 2000. I know o don't have to port forward, but is there any guide for setting up portal? Looked but couldn't find one. I can log onto my router if I need to make changes there. Looking for access here rt the house and remote

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:48 pm
Came across the uapp app and webpage in more reading.nim assuming that this is the way to go? Struggling to find which port I'm supposed to use, and if I need to go into my router and open it etc.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:16 pm
I went in and added port 2000 to my router config for the IP address. I believe it's working. I'll know more once tanks wet of I can play with relays but I think I'm good now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:17 pm
So I can get to it internally but externally I get a timeout when. Itry to do anything. I connected to just data and can't get there. Any ideas on what I need to allow ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:14 pm
If you have the RA*, use the UApp and don't enter anything for ip address nor port. Simply add the forum username and password when creating the profile.
This way you won't need to worry about any port forwarding.
Roberto.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:57 pm
rimai wrote:If you have the RA*, use the UApp and don't enter anything for ip address nor port. Simply add the forum username and password when creating the profile.
This way you won't need to worry about any port forwarding.

It's the RA Star. Is it the same behavior? I added in port 2000 as allowed for the IP it got and I can get to it internally, but not from outside the house.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:09 pm
The RA* is capable of using the cloud server.
The advantage is that you don't need to setup any port forwarding and it will work inside or outside of your wifi network.
Roberto.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:25 am
rimai wrote:The RA* is capable of using the cloud server.
The advantage is that you don't need to setup any port forwarding and it will work inside or outside of your wifi network.

I think that is where i am confused. In Uapp what do i need to then configure to allow myself access to star anywhere, as i have network info in there, and opened port 2000, but if i can get rid of that, and not have to worry about it great! also i noticed in another post about DDNS. is that what i then need to setup, as i do have my network on DHCP so the Star will change addresses at somepoint im sure.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:41 am
On RA*, don't worry about ip address, port, ddns or port forwarding.
Use Uapp and the cloud server.
Simply delete the profile you have and add a new one and enter only the forum username and password.
Roberto.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:24 am
rimai wrote:On RA*, don't worry about ip address, port, ddns or port forwarding.
Use Uapp and the cloud server.
Simply delete the profile you have and add a new one and enter only the forum username and password.

Excellent. I just tried it in the app, so maybe im missing something, but it wont let me continue without IP and or Port. Is there a link to the newest version? maybe i have an older version? on The Uapp webpage as well i cant find where to log in, other then it just pulling over my session from the forum. Im assuming thats what its doing?
Next

Return to Portal