Changing from AUTO to OFF on portal

Related to the Portal
dmglakewood

Changing from AUTO to OFF on portal

Post by dmglakewood »

Over the past couple of weeks I've used the portal as well as my android app to turn on and off different items on the RA. Well today I tried to turn off my pump and skimmer and it turned off of a spilt second and boom right back on. It's doing this on both the portal and android app. What could be the issue?
Seedlessone

Re: Changing from AUTO to OFF on portal

Post by Seedlessone »

Did your IP address change?
binder

Post by binder »

Usually, if you find this happening, it could be that the watchdog timer was in effect and restarted the controller. If you are trying to do both the portal and the android app at the same time, you could have issues. The different methods could be overriding each other. I know the android app only gets the values when you hit refresh and only sends the values when you toggle the button. It does not try to restore the state at all. So if the state of the port is different than what the app is reading, it could possibly give you a different outcome.

My suggestion is to pay attention to when it does it again and try to see what you have open or what you were doing prior to it. Also, if you can, see if the controller restarted itself or not. It's only a split second for it to reboot, so you may not catch it but you should hear the relay box toggle.
dmglakewood

Post by dmglakewood »

I'm not sure what the issue was, but I restarted the controller and everything is fine again.