Connecting additional 1-Wire Devices

Expansion modules and attachments
MikeM

Connecting additional 1-Wire Devices

Post by MikeM »

Hi,
I have temp and humidity 1 wire sensors and I'd like to connect these to the reef angel. It looks like it should be possible, anything I should be aware of? I know I'll have to dive into the 1-wire libaries which I haven't looked at yet.

Also I have some 1-wire temp sensor using the DS18B20 which have vcc and ground tied together. ( I bought them for another project but never needed them) I've tried connecting the Data line to the middle connector and the Vcc/GND to the ground (pin 3). Assuming I've read It looks like this should work and the temp setup page in the default program sees the sensor but I get a temp readings of 262 F. The DS18B20 data sheet shows an example where Vcc and GND are tied together. Any ideas? It isn't worth a lot of work to try to get these sensors working but I'd like to.

Thanks
Mike
rimai

Re: Connecting additional 1-Wire Devices

Post by rimai »

You got the idea.
Just hook up the sensors as parasitic mode.
Roberto.
binder

Re: Connecting additional 1-Wire Devices

Post by binder »

MikeM wrote:Hi,
I have temp and humidity 1 wire sensors and I'd like to connect these to the reef angel. It looks like it should be possible, anything I should be aware of? I know I'll have to dive into the 1-wire libaries which I haven't looked at yet.

Also I have some 1-wire temp sensor using the DS18B20 which have vcc and ground tied together. ( I bought them for another project but never needed them) I've tried connecting the Data line to the middle connector and the Vcc/GND to the ground (pin 3). Assuming I've read It looks like this should work and the temp setup page in the default program sees the sensor but I get a temp readings of 262 F. The DS18B20 data sheet shows an example where Vcc and GND are tied together. Any ideas? It isn't worth a lot of work to try to get these sensors working but I'd like to.

Thanks
Mike
Then when you get that stuff connected, you can use the latest development libraries (will be in 0.8.5.15) to create a custom home screen to display the additional probe information. That would be cool.

curt