Relay Not Responding

Expansion modules and attachments
rimai

Re: Relay Not Responding

Post by rimai »

Are you saying that the expansion box is working ok for all relays?
Roberto.
btorrenga

Post by btorrenga »

Yes, under the test code one relay box is perfect, the other has port 4 stuck on. I have a third box, the original one I purchased, which has I believe two bad ports. Can I disassemble that one and make one working box from the parts?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes, you can pop it open to scavenge the relay.
What did you have connected on that port?
You mentioned they were working before you put all together with a night lamp.
And this still doesn't explain how the expansion box works with the test code and not with your code... :?
Roberto.
btorrenga

Post by btorrenga »

Right, that I tested everything with a lamp previously is troubling. I may have missed that port somehow though. The bad port has always had two korellia powerheads plugged into it. My understanding is that heavy loads, if anything, would be a problem, such as a bunch of metal halide ballasts. In this instance, however, it has either been a small incandescent lamp or two powerheads.
btorrenga

Post by btorrenga »

Four screws on the top come out fine, but the rest seems to be pretty tight to pull apart. Are there any tricks I need to know about when disassembling the relay?

--Nevermind, I got it. Brute force through some glue. The relays are not soldered, right? It looks like they plug in, which I believe is the part to replace. So I popped out the bad relay #4, and took one of the working relays from my original box that was replaced. Unfortunately I get the same result - relay #4 is still stuck in the on position! The relay I scavenged should be one of the working ones, so I am not worried that I replaced a broken part with a different broken part.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes, the relays are soldered.
The part you replaced is probably just the socket.
The relay is a square piece that is soldered on the board.
Roberto.
btorrenga

Post by btorrenga »

Ok, I understand now. I replaced the socket.
btorrenga

Post by btorrenga »

I replaced the relay. The replaced relay is stuck in the off position. What does that indicate is broken?
rimai

Post by rimai »

You got pm.
Roberto.