3rd module 3rd problem.. rf module.. also temp sensor prob

Expansion modules and attachments
Addicted2Coral

3rd module 3rd problem.. rf module.. also temp sensor prob

Post by Addicted2Coral »

i hook up the module, i run code vortech setup, i set my pumps as slave, i set the controller as master, i load code custom main screen rfmodule...

all seems fine but how do i change anything to do with the vortechs.. i see displayed rf mode: 3

but how do i set up any kind of routine, or how do i change anything.. there is nothing in my portal, on my phone anywhere on how to change it..

also i got my temp sensors hooked up... both sensors are within milimeters of each other.. yet they read 3 degrees difference... this cant be right?
rimai

Re: 3rd module 3rd problem.. rf module.. also temp sensor p

Post by rimai »

You can do it with the Android app, but not iPhone yet.
Also, the Portal functionality is almost ready for beta testing too, but it may be another day or two.
To create schedules for different modes at different time, you need to code it the way you want it.
Take a look at this thread to see how she's done it.
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.ph ... 025#p11025
If this looks like something you like, we can adjust to your needs.
Roberto.
Addicted2Coral

Post by Addicted2Coral »

what about the picture on the home page, it shows active display of the radions and vortechs... i will hold my frustration at this point but i was under the impression i could actively control these things..
Addicted2Coral

Post by Addicted2Coral »

after looking at that i see that the night mode is ran by the standard light output in the reefangel, since i have radions i dont have standard light output on the reefangel relay module..

so how will it know to go to nite mode.. the master tells it to go to sleep mode, the radions is what tells the master to go to sleep mode, if the rf module is the master can the radion communicate with the rf module so it knows to go to sleep?

i would need some custom code for mine to work right it seems..
Last edited by Addicted2Coral on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Are you talking about the Portal?
The Portal will actively show the info about the RF module.
For night mode, we use this code:

Code: Select all

// Nightmode Control
  if (hour()>=23 || hour()<7) // Defining "Nightmode" hours for VorTech = between 11 PM and 7 AM
    {
      ReefAngel.RF.UseMemory=false;
      ReefAngel.RF.SetMode(Night,15,0);
    }
  else
    {
      ReefAngel.RF.SetMode(Feeding_Stop,0,0); //Temp fix for coming out of Night mode
      ReefAngel.RF.UseMemory=true;
    }
Original thread:
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?p=7035#p7035
Roberto.
Addicted2Coral

Post by Addicted2Coral »

do i just copy and paste that to my reefangel? and my portal does not show any thing on the rf module... maybe it will after i load the code that controls the pumps... i just saw on there where it said portal Stephy and i want it to go to my portal..

i am so lost..

i geuss i should set forth how i want my pumps to operate.. then try to get the code for it..

i dont know how to write code..
Last edited by Addicted2Coral on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes, the Portal will always adapt to whatever you have in your code.
Once you upload the code that has RF module stuff in it and give time for the Portal to update, you will start seeing it.
You can just copy and paste the above code in your INO code. There is a section for custom codes. Paste it in there.
Roberto.
Addicted2Coral

Post by Addicted2Coral »

dont have a clue what my ino code is, nor do i know where to put he custom code, i honestly dont know what code is running in this thing... i am so lost.. gosh i would love to just put this on my tank control it from my phone, as well as datalog and monitor things such as temp salinity, ph, etc...
rimai

Post by rimai »

Well, like any other controller in the market, there is never going to be a controller that was made for you.
You will always have to customize it and program it to do what you want it to do.
The way to program Reef Angel is based on C++ language and Arduino.
If someone doesn't know it and doesn't want to spend the time to understand the basics, I'm more than willing to help put together the code.
You've already expressed that you don't want to spend the time, so why don't you just put together a list of things you have connected in each port in your relay box and how you want them to behave and I'll get it done for you.
Roberto.
Addicted2Coral

Post by Addicted2Coral »

I never said I don't want to spend the time to understand it, I don't have the time to I have spent all day just getting modules to work with three epic fails. The time I have spent with this code I just can't get it right. I can look at sOme of the code and see what it's supposed to be doing but all the format markIngs is hard to learn for me without a lot of study. The opening page says anyone can do it. I been thru the little tutorials on the coding I just can't grasp it. I appreciate u offering to just do it for me. U have already done everything for me to this point. I still won't have a clue what the code is. But that is my fault. I should have learned the code and then ordered, but that is a lot to learn.

And the rf module isn't gonna do what I wanted it to originally do.. Let me get a list together I will get it too u. I ain't gonna need the rf module tho.