Need help with wifi

Expansion modules and attachments
BigDCowboys22

Need help with wifi

Post by BigDCowboys22 »

I can't seem to keep my wifi attachment up and running. I was messing with it earlier today and I managed to get everything working properly including my iphone, but then seemingly randomly things stopped working.

I tried reloading the wifitest software to the RA plus and tried running through the setup on the wifi attachment again to no avail. I get a steady blinking light on the wifi attachment and my router recognizes the attachment.

When I checked to make sure my port forwarding was working earlier via yougetsignal everything worked fine, but now it shows the port as being closed. I didn't change any settings on the router, and the router still shows the port as being open and active.

All signs would seem to point to some sort of issue with my router, but I'm hoping one of you smart people can clue me in on whats wrong? It's a verizon router/modem combo if it makes any difference.
rimai

Re: Need help with wifi

Post by rimai »

Could it be that your ISP is changing the ip address?
What kind of wifi security are you using? Just curious.
Can you ping the internal ip address when you seem to loose connectivity?
Roberto.
BigDCowboys22

Post by BigDCowboys22 »

The ip doesn't appear to change. At least as far as I can tell. I'm using Wpa2 security and no, I can't go directly to the ip to access anything when it doesn't work. Any thoughts?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Start here:
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1206
The manufacturer has provided some possible settings changes and they have seem to work.
Roberto.