wifi help

Expansion modules and attachments
m3p

wifi help

Post by m3p »

Have a few questions I'd like to get figured out.

1) On my portal the connection status reads "unreachable address". Reef angel address updates correctly (i think) and I am seeing my the correct values for pH and temp (what I have hooked up currently), but I'm not able to toggle relays through the portal.

2) Android users: I'm using the Reef Angel Status app. Do I just use the portal as my device?

3) Only the first banner type is working for me right now...is there a trick to getting the rest to work?

Thanks!
DrewPalmer04

Re: wifi help

Post by DrewPalmer04 »

M3P

First. Jealous you have the wifi.

Second. Try the download section for wifi set up. You're currently not connected it seems

What's your light look like on the module?
Out for now...but not over.

VISIT: Ethernet Module/Wifi Alternative
binder

Post by binder »

m3p wrote: 2) Android users: I'm using the Reef Angel Status app. Do I just use the portal as my device?
you can. However you will not be able to toggle any relays, update any internal memory values or enter feeding and water change modes if you have the app talk to the portal.
m3p

Post by m3p »

I went through the wifi set up and the wifi attachment is a slow blinking green light. I can see my temp and pH on my portal, iPad, and phone, so I know it's sending information. But I am not able to access my relays. It says it requires a 'valid wifi address' ...

Binder, what do i use as the hostname on the app? Can't seem to get it to work unless I use the portal as the 'Device'. Also the time stamp on the android app is wrong. How do I correct the time?
rimai

Post by rimai »

I think you are missing port forwarding on your router.
Roberto.
m3p

Post by m3p »

I think port forwarding is the issue...can't seem to get it figured out though. I have a cisco e2000.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Try this:
http://www.simpleportforwarding.com/
When you have the port forwarded correctly, you will get port open when you test it here:
http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
The ip address on the page above is what you need to enter on the android app, but you must first get the port forwarding working.
Roberto.