Wifi-Static ip

Expansion modules and attachments
dbmet

Wifi-Static ip

Post by dbmet »

Has anyone tried setting the wifi module to have a static ip. Looked at the book and I'm wondering if this might help my connection problems.
fatman

Re: Wifi-Static ip

Post by fatman »

Yes and no it doesn't seem to help.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
dbmet

Wifi-Static ip

Post by dbmet »

Lol thanks. Dashed my hopes. Lol
fatman

Post by fatman »

I did reload everything on the module yesterday and set the monlink and join settings as talked about on the other topic. I had great success yesterday and last night with it. Was working great this morning until I caught my 12 year old trying to rest the router for his X-box. He'd locked me out so I had to reboot the router to fresh settings and then tried to add everything again. After this I had a period of time when the module wouldn't connect. I unplugged it, gave it a few minutes and replugged it. It's been up since then.

Fat
dbmet

Wifi-Static ip

Post by dbmet »

Your doing better than me. Reset everything yesterday and put it right next to the repeater/bridge and it stayed connector for a whopping hour. Lol. Gonna try it all again today after work.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Somewhere I read that you have difficulty with the port forwarding if you use a repeater. Something about it not making it through both routers.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
dbmet

Wifi-Static ip

Post by dbmet »

Yeah I took that out of the circuit yesterday and the linksys e4200 just doesn't have enough umphhh to make it to the tank location.
00Warpig00

Post by 00Warpig00 »

I've gone 9 days without needing to reset my Wifi Mod. Look in the other thread for info. Seems to be working for me so far.

Nick
180G FOWLR
20GH QT#1
29G QT#2

barbianj

Post by barbianj »

I originally had trouble with the router changing the static IP, and problems connecting. Then, I switched out the Belkin router out with the Netgear that I had at work, and haven't had any issues since. I had read somewhere the the Belkin routers had issues in that area, and turned out to be true in my case.