What ATO pumps are people using with their Reef Angel?

Expansion modules and attachments
jtomasi

Post by jtomasi »

I have ATO pumps that I am using now that I want to make sure are compatible with the Reef Angel. What information should I be looking at to determine if a pump is compatible? Connection, Volts, Watts, Amps? (you can probably tell I know very little about power).

Thank god I found this controller!! I haven’t actually even ordered it yet, but based on my research it is exactly what I am looking for. I am waiting to hear back on the pump question before placing the order so I don’t have to pay shipping twice. Super excited about this controller – going from a 29g to a 65g reef ready!
rimai

Re: What ATO pumps are people using with their Reef Angel?

Post by rimai »

If you can plug in the wall outlet, you will be able to plug in the relay box :)
Roberto.
jtomasi

Post by jtomasi »

Thanks!. Wow, now I really feel like a newb :(
jtomasi

Post by jtomasi »

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question as well, but if you were to translate the amount tanks/equipment into amount of code, on average, where would the line be between the standard and plus Reef Angel? I know this is probably a hard question to answer. I can anticipate myself wanting a very customized system but I only have one tank, 4 lights, sump, skimmer, ATO and a couple reactors. Do people often find themselves wanting more memory for coding?
Amos Poh

Post by Amos Poh »

jtomasi wrote:I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question as well, but if you were to translate the amount tanks/equipment into amount of code, on average, where would the line be between the standard and plus Reef Angel? I know this is probably a hard question to answer. I can anticipate myself wanting a very customized system but I only have one tank, 4 lights, sump, skimmer, ATO and a couple reactors. Do people often find themselves wanting more memory for coding?

Not sure if this helps.

I am using the RA32k unit and has done a fair bit of coding so far still suffice for me. But however when I tried to add on afew more modules I face memory shortage issue. Example currently I have these attachments:
1)wifi
2)salinity
3)RF module
Memory is sufficient until I try adding
4)water level module and ORP module.
It says insufficient memory
I have to take away the ORP module till I upgrade my memory.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I also have a 65g. I only have the RF and WiFi and my code was over the standard memory limit early on because I'm using the Sunrise/Sunset code which takes up a good amount of space. If you are going to customize your display and menus then i suggest going for the plus. Last thing you want is to get that message not enough space!

Currently waiting for my water level sensor and plan on adding salinity and orp eventually. Going to be setting up a 2-part dosing schedule in the next month too. So very glad i went with the plus..you can always upgrade the module later but as with everything in this hobby...better to buy what you need from the get go.

Lee