Wifi settings not able to be changed

Expansion modules and attachments
eds

Wifi settings not able to be changed

Post by eds »

Bit of an interesting one (for me at least)

I figured that I have not configured my wifi properly as I don't get graphs on the portal. However it gets its IP, responds (95%) of the time when the android client connects and in general, works.

The issue is when I plug in my wifi adapter to the computer and neither Daves nor Roberto's tools can see my wifi expansion. I know the cable is good because I use it to program the reef angel plus. My code is currently generated stock from the wizard.

Any thoughts?
rimai

Re: Wifi settings not able to be changed

Post by rimai »

When using Dave's you need to use 57600 baud.
Also, make sure that you click "Save Remote Settings" button too. This will enable the attachment sending data to the Portal.
Roberto.
eds

Post by eds »

Interestingly enough, I loaded your app (fresh windows install) and it could not see my wifi adapter (kept telling me to unplug and plug it back in)

I loaded up Daves tool and it wouldnt read any of my info. I hit "Save Remote Settings" anyway and what do you know, it actually is sending data.

I am concerned that I can't get the PC to read its settings or connect to the app. Is there anything I can do to get it to register properly?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Do you have Client software running?
If you do, it is what may be messing with the communication.
Roberto.
eds

Post by eds »

No, only had the reef angel tools installed. Its funny, When I request settings or something else I can see the lights flash and start to work, it just doesnt give me an output