I/O expansion question

Expansion modules and attachments
rossbryant1956

I/O expansion question

Post by rossbryant1956 »

Some time ago we wrote the following code and its been working great. I use this code to monitor a float valve in my display tank to watch for my overflow clogging up.

Code: Select all

//turn off port 8 - main pump when switch is tripped and sound buzzer 
     ReefAngel.Relay.Set(Port8,ReefAngel.IO.GetChannel(0));
     ReefAngel.PWM.SetDaylight(100-(ReefAngel.IO.GetChannel(0)*100)); 

//tell the portal we have a overflow problem
     ReefAngel.CustomVar[0]=ReefAngel.IO.GetChannel(0);
     ReefAngel.CustomVar[7]=1;
Tonite the buzzer went crazy but there was no overflow problem. When I looked at the float valve I noticed it needed some gunk cleaned out it; which I did. All seemed back to normal after testing.

Finally the question...when I went back and looked at my portal display I noticed the following:

My problem is that I have forgotten if the number 1 in the display overflow field is the normal "all is well" configuration or still an indication of some kind of problem. Please advise and thanks.
Roscoe's Reefs - Starting Over Again:

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.
rimai

Re: I/O expansion question

Post by rimai »

Reading back on our conversation, it seems that you need to reboot the controller to clear the flag:
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?p=12501#p12501
But the code above posted tells me otherwise, so I'm not so sure if you did implement the last suggestion or not.
The code you posted tells me that 1 means everything is ok.
Roberto.