Wifi ping ok - can't connect

Expansion modules and attachments
uglyfish

Post by uglyfish »

I just added wifi. Can't get it to work. Setup went fine - IP OK, attached to RA, pinged OK - can't connect via http or iphone app. Read the other recent thread about checking cable - cable OK. Checked voltage at RA head OK 5v.

I couldn't get the firmware to update via wifi utility. This is the error:

Code: Select all

Connected to serial port COM6
> $$$
< CMD
> ftp u
< ftp u
< <4.00> 
< FTP connecting to 198.175.253.161
< 
< FTP file=56:...............................................................
< UPDATE OK
< 
< FTP OK.
> ftp r wps.img
< ftp r wps.img
< <4.00> 
< FTP connecting to 198.175.253.161
< 550 wps.img: The system cannot find the file specified. 
< FTP ERR
** ERROR - Please disconnect and then reconnect the Reef Angel Wifi Attachment from the USB-TTL cable and try again.

Removing connection to COM6
(looks like file is not available on the ftp server?)
Do I "need" the firware updated in order for it to work? I just received the wifi unit yesterday so it's new.

When I point my browser to the IP indicated in the wifi utility (192.168.2.10:2000) I get "No data received
Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data." from chrome. But if I ping, it's OK.

I started with older version of library, so I updated everything and tried again.. and again, still no luck. Version on RA menu is 1.0.3 and WDT on the next line.

Any ideas? Thanks.
805reefer

Post by 805reefer »

go here http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
Then click on the blue label that says use current ip click on that when the ip comes up change only the port number to 2000 then run the check if. It says port open use the ip address that's on the screen for you phone or portal
uglyfish

Re: Wifi ping ok - can't connect

Post by uglyfish »

805reefer wrote:go here http://www.yougetsignal. com/tools/open-ports/
Then click on the blue label that says use current ip click on that when the ip comes up change only the port number to 2000 then run the check if. It says port open use the ip address that's on the screen for you phone or portal
I haven't yet forwarded the port for external access. I did run a port scan on 192.168.2.10 and TCP port 2000 is open. I'm going to try the android version...
uglyfish

Post by uglyfish »

OK - downloaded the android version - I get Error 11: Bad URL

I just retried the wifi setup, changed my internal wifi setting - changed by dhcp setup so it would grab a new IP... still no luck. Ping and port scan OK on the new IP - but no data connection.
uglyfish

Post by uglyfish »

Wow... I finally got it. I was using the old RAGEN instead of the new wizard... works now. I was really beating my head against the wall on this one. 3am I'm going to bed.