WIFI Setup

Expansion modules and attachments
slipperysam

WIFI Setup

Post by slipperysam »

Hi I am looking to buy a RA but want some info before I get it.
I want the WIFI mod I have read the manual on how to use the sample code and just edit the code to my needs.

My question is when I get my RA; I will upload the sample code with my modification to internal MEM (I think). So when I go to RAGen and set my internal MEM and upload it will it erase my WIFI I have just uploaded?

Thanks

Sam
Xender

Re: WIFI Setup

Post by Xender »

No the Wifi pde code is for configuring one time the WIFI module and after that the controler doesn't need anymore the wifi code.
You put the RA Gen pde code after.
Fresh Water Aquarium 180*60*80
Salt Water Aquarium 60*60*60
Click Here to see the Video of my Fresh Water Aquarium
slipperysam

Post by slipperysam »

Thanks that cleared up a few things
binder

Post by binder »

When you create your settings for the "Internal Memory" from RAGen, that will get uploaded to the controller and those values will be set on the controller. Then, you will upload your standard PDE file that reads those memory values.

Once the memory values are set initially, you do not need to worry about creating a new or updated "Internal Memory" pde to upload. You can use one of the several apps (Client Suite or jStatus app) to update the values in the memory for your settings OR you can update them via the setup menus on the controller (the setup menus on the controller are a little harder to do).

curt