Confused Advice please

Post by coolbird »

HI

I have just bought:
Expansion hub
relay expansion module
Orp expansion module
2x WP 40 pumps

There is no instructions for the correct connections for the relay expansion module, the module I have does not look anything like the one in the manual in the downloads section and it also has a power socket for what appears to be a 12v supply but no psu with the module.

As for the expansion hubI presume I just plug the hub directly into one of the the main relay box usb ports.

Is there a way of initially connecting the WP 40 pumps so they do not come on full blast but on a low setting while I set them up properly?

Sorry for all the dumb questions :oops:
cosmith71

Re: Confused Advice please

Post by cosmith71 »

You do not need a separate power supply for the relay expansion module. The cord with the big plugs (VGA) goes between the expansion module and the expansion relay box. The USB goes to the expansion hub. The hub goes to the USB port on your main relay.

Can't help you on the pumps. :(

--Colin
binder

Post by binder »

coolbird wrote: There is no instructions for the correct connections for the relay expansion module, the module I have does not look anything like the one in the manual in the downloads section and it also has a power socket for what appears to be a 12v supply but no psu with the module.

As for the expansion hubI presume I just plug the hub directly into one of the the main relay box usb ports.
The expansion hub has changed a little since the pictures. You are correct, you just plug it into the USB port on the main relay box. I do not believe it needs power, however somebody who has one will need to confirm this.

You will need to plug in your ORP module to the expansion hub and I believe the ORP may need to be plugged into a power outlet but I do not know for certain because I do not own one. I have a salinity module and it needs power to operate.

As for your other questions, I cannot answer those because I do not know.
coolbird

Post by coolbird »

binder wrote:
coolbird wrote: There is no instructions for the correct connections for the relay expansion module, the module I have does not look anything like the one in the manual in the downloads section and it also has a power socket for what appears to be a 12v supply but no psu with the module.

The expansion hub has changed a little since the pictures. You are correct, you just plug it into the USB port on the main relay box. I do not believe it needs power, however somebody who has one will need to confirm this.

You will need to plug in your ORP module to the expansion hub and I believe the ORP may need to be plugged into a power outlet but I do not know for certain because I do not own one. I have a salinity module and it needs power to operate.

As for your other questions, I cannot answer those because I do not know.
Thanks for the answers you have confirmed what I thought but wanted to be sure, much appreciated :D

As for the pumps I just don't want them kicking on at 26,000 litres my tank would look like one of them old fashioned snow globes
mudcat1

Post by mudcat1 »

Coolbird,
I think you will find this thread very helpful for controlling the WP-40 powerheads.
mudcat1

Post by mudcat1 »

mudcat1 wrote:Coolbird,
I think you will find this thread very helpful for controlling the WP-40 powerheads.
Opps I hit enter too soon. :D Here is the thread.
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2844
coolbird

Post by coolbird »

mudcat1 wrote:
mudcat1 wrote:Coolbird,
Opps I hit enter too soon. :D Here is the thread.
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2844
Thanks have been reading it (and trying to follow) Roberto kindly pm'd me with the link