Salinity Probe not recognized

Expansion modules and attachments
User avatar
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:25 am
Location: Davie, FL
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:26 am
I hooked up my expansion hub and my salinity probe that I just got.
The Salinity probe is not being seen by the portal, the Andriod app or the RA Client.

The expansion hub and Salinity Expansion unit both have green lights on them and the expansion hub seems to be working properly because my water level expansion unit is working fine.

The head unit did see the probe when I did the calibration and calibrated it fine, but when I restored my working code and put the salinity probe in the sump it doesn't see it.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
User avatar
Posts: 5348
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 am
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:31 am
If you went back to your old code, make sure you include the Salinity.h, sot sure if anything else needs to be referenced.
User avatar
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:25 am
Location: Davie, FL
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:56 am
Yes the Salinity.h is in the code I've been using.

I had to go back to it, when I had the Salinity code running, nothing worked.
The lights were off, the pumps shut down.
All that was working was the RA head unit and it's devices, anything controlled by the RA was off.

Thanks
Last edited by Sacohen on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 12225
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 pm
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Make sure your code has the salinity being displayed in your custom main screen.
If you don't care, you can simply use this:
Code: Select all
//ReefAngel.Params.Salinity

That is the keyword that triggers the Salinity feature.
Roberto.
User avatar
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:25 am
Location: Davie, FL
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:56 pm
Ok. The manual doesn't say you need a secret keyword. :)

I don't have a custom menu.
Where exactly should I put it?
I use the standard menu and regular screen.

Posts: 12225
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 pm
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:03 pm
You don't need a secret keyword. :roll:
The wizard would put that in the code for you, but since you already have your code made, you have to add it yourself :)
It's not custom menu... It's custom main screen.
The code above is just a comment, so it can be placed anywhere really. It won't contribute with nothing in your code. It just enables the feature.
If you want visual readings in your screen, you can use something like this in your main screen:
Code: Select all
  char text[10];
  ConvertNumToString(text, ReefAngel.Params.Salinity, 10);
  strcat(text,"  ");
  ReefAngel.LCD.DrawText(DefaultFGColor,DefaultBGColor,15,93,"Salinity:");
  ReefAngel.LCD.DrawText(DefaultFGColor,DefaultBGColor,75,93,text);
Roberto.
User avatar
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:25 am
Location: Davie, FL
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:32 pm
Thanks the first code you gave me did it.

I was thinking that it was just a comment while I was out walking the dog and was going to try it when I got back, but I saw your post.

Thanks.

On a side note if I want to disable my ATO if the salinity is below 35 what would the code be?
The ATO Is on Port8 and is controlled by the water Level expansion.

Posts: 12225
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 pm
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:33 pm
Try this:
Code: Select all
if (ReefAngel.Params.Salinity<350) ReefAngel.Relay.Off(Port8);

Place it after your ATO code.
Roberto.
User avatar
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:25 am
Location: Davie, FL
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:55 pm
Thanks. I placed it in the code.
No way to test it unless I deliberately drop the salinity to below 35 and lower my water level to below 32.

I'm going to do a water change this weekend, so I may try it then.
User avatar
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:25 am
Location: Davie, FL
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:00 am
Well I the code has been tested and it works.

Unfortunately the test was not the way I wanted to do it, which was controlled.
Apparently somewhere around 1 and 5:45 this morning (according to the chart on the RA Client and the Portal) the Salinity probe started reporting the wrong salinity.
It dropped from 35.7 to 6 ppt.

I commented out the code from above and the ATO kicked in and brought the water level back up to where it should be.

While typing this the portal started reporting the correct ppt of 35.4 now.

Thanks
Next

Return to Addons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron