Evergrow/Reefbreeders LED 0-10v expansion dimming

Expansion modules and attachments
astralmind

Re: Evergrow/Reefbreeders LED 0-10v expansion dimming

Post by astralmind »

Random thought (and probably stupidly obvious) - I'm about to butcher my Marsaqua and realised I couldn't find any easy way to control (dim) my lights software wise (android app or portal). Have I missed something ? I used the Parabola setting in the Wizard, offseted the times for Daylight and actinic, picked start end % but.. from there on, is there a way to actually control and dim the lights ?

From what I see it looks like I'd need to re-write the code should I want to change the current intensity ? I see that from the portal it is possible to play with a Jebao in realtime for example, changing its setting and intensity so it must be possible to send values to the memory for the daylight and actinic variable ? I must be missing something..
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

If you're just looking to set them to a particular value, the Android app is the best way. Just long press on the value and it'll pull up an override slider.
astralmind

Post by astralmind »

cosmith71 wrote:If you're just looking to set them to a particular value, the Android app is the best way. Just long press on the value and it'll pull up an override slider.
that's exactly it! awesome, thanks.

Seems like a fairly common feature that is well hidden :) Not that it is super useful but still fun
astralmind

Post by astralmind »

So I've managed to make the dimmer work with the standard PWM (Analog in this case) channels on the RA and as expected, analog doesn't dim to 0% but that's find. What bugs me however is the high pitch whine sound that seems to be heard only at low %, I don't recall hearing that before. In fact, oddly enough, it seems like the fans are actually ramping up and down following the % dim while they were always running 100% regardless before the mod when using the pot.

Any thoughts ?
madweazl

Post by madweazl »

cosmith71 wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-100645- ... ge_o01_s00

http://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Plastic-St ... ge_o01_s00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301822047360?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

I cut the stereo cable in half to make two cables. Bare ends to the dimming module. I removed one of the dimmer knobs and put the stereo jack in its place and then soldered up a harness with some hookup wire and the 3 pin connectors. I did zero cutting to the case or original wiring.

--Colin
I have the requisite connectors and was about to wire up the adapter but wanted to make sure all that was needed was the 0-10v and ground connections on the 3 pin header.

Edit: disregard; tested it out and it works :) Only issue I have is the 3.5mm jacks I purchased are significantly smaller than the holes for the manual dimmers. Not sure if I'm going to drill another hole or use a washer yet.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Washer is nice and simple.