Reef Angel dosing pumps

Expansion modules and attachments
New2novas

Reef Angel dosing pumps

Post by New2novas »

I bought the dosing pump setup from a friend, its not the one currently for sale, it has 2 pumps in the box but its a Reef Angel. I was testing it out to set up my dosing pump timers in the wizard and i see other peoples dosing schedule is, for example, every 240 min for 120sec or whatever. I wanted to dose 20ml of alk and with these pumps, they fill a 10ml syringe in about 17 seconds. Then i look at specs like 1.1ml/minute for the average dosing pump, mine are clearly pushing much more than that. So i have mine set to dose for something like 10sec every 480min. Is something wrong with these pumps? Am i missing something obvious here?
lnevo

Re: Reef Angel dosing pumps

Post by lnevo »

The BRS dosers are 1.1ml/minute. The dosing pump you are using looks to be getting about 35ml / minute.

If you wanted to dose 20ml based on your current rate, you would get 34 seconds per day. The 10 seconds every 480 minutes sounds reasonable. You could also do 5 seconds every 240 minutes or 3 seconds every 120 minutes. I guess any lower and it would just introduce more error.

Right now I'm dosing with a 1.1ml/minute BRS doser 20ml each of 2 part. I go around 35 seconds every hour...

The current generation of RA dosing pumps are .75ml/second which calculate to 45ml/minute. So very close to what you are seeing with your older pump.
New2novas

Post by New2novas »

Ok great thanks! Like you said about the error, that was my concern with going less, is there any way to slow the pumps down or maybe use a valve to drop the flow or would that cause problems also

Ideally id like to be dosing every hour as you are

It also sucks because apparently its too short of a time for the portal to pick up relay activity, how can i verify its actually working properly is there anither place to view relay activity
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

It will always be too short a time for the portal to pick up. The portal only gets data every 5 minutes...if you run the pump > 5 minutes each time then it would get it...

I've done some routines for people and myself to log the dosing pumps and store in variables but its not so straight forward and theres like 4 different versions...

The best way is to dose into a cup fir a week, though we can certainly get you going with the dosing functions I've written. I recommend using the ones in my INO as long as you have wifi :)
New2novas

Post by New2novas »

That's such a simple obvious way to test the pumps I'm glad you mentioned it, I suppose as long as it's dosng good fora week I should trust it, I mean what do you guys do to verify these things are working properly long term....I guess one obvious way is with consistent testing of parameters, as long as they are in line you know everything is functioning properly