how to set relay expansion?

Expansion modules and attachments
AnthonyK

how to set relay expansion?

Post by AnthonyK »

I have the RA+ along with the 8 plugs that come with it. I have just added another set of 8 plugs (relay expansion) and couple of jabeo pumps which are plugged into the dimming ports on the expansion. Nothing on the expansion works so I'm assuming that I don't have the "dip switches" set right? Those are the ones in the little module correct? Or do I need to open the actual box with the plugs to set something?
lnevo

Re: how to set relay expansion?

Post by lnevo »

The dimming ports on the expansion relay do not work. They will never work unless it is the main relay expansion box.

If it's the first expansion relay box the dip switches should be set already. Have you updated your code at all? You need to reference at least one port on the relay box in your code for the expansion relay box to be recognized.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

According to the manual you have to open the unit to change the dip switches.
I don't have a relay expansion, but my Power Expansion Module did not need anything changed.
Open the case, make sure the dip switches are set correctly and then load the Relay Expansion code.
It will cycle through all the ports and make sure they are working.

Once you confirm they are working load your code back in and see what happens.
AnthonyK

Post by AnthonyK »

Ok, 2 questions then. 1) when I plug into the dimming ports on the main relay box the pumps don't turn on at all, they turn on but only at full power when plugged into the 2nd relay box.
2) what is the "correct" way for the dip switches to be set? All off? All on?
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

That's strange, because the dimming port on the expansion is not supposed to work.
According to the manual it looks like for it to be ID'ed and Expansion Box #1 they should all be off.
All on would make it Expansion Box #8

http://www.reefangel.com/files/Relay%20 ... _1.3.0.pdf
rimai

Post by rimai »

I think because there is no input signal to set on the expansion box dimming ports, they float and could be pulled high, which would make your pumps go to full power, but that's all you are going to get out of those. They can't be controlled.
Only the dimming ports in the main box are controllable.
Roberto.
AnthonyK

Post by AnthonyK »

got it all working. thanks!
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

What was the problem?