wifi mod stuck with solid blue light

Expansion modules and attachments
homerclease

wifi mod stuck with solid blue light

Post by homerclease »

The other day my reef angel started messing up on my. First thing that happened is that it shut completely off on me. I went in and unhooked the head unit from the relay box. Plugged it all back up and it started working again. After about 5 mins it did the same thing again. I decided something more was going on. I unhooked everything from the unit and pulled it off my tank. I didn't want it turning off and on my MH lighting and return pumps without my control. I noticed after I plugged it back up to the wall it had lost all my coding and was setup differently (factory default maybe). I also noticed my wifi module had a solid blue light on it instead of the green light or flashing blue light. I brought my reef angel back into my computer room and hooked it up to my pc. Recoded everything and got my code put back on it. Now on to my wifi module. I hooked it up to my pc and tried to code to it using the handy wizard that is provided. I have used it before so I knew how to do it (or so I thought). I can not get the wizard to talk to the wifi adapter. I looked at the manual and tried to look up what a solid blue light means. No luck there in finding the information. I tried to search the forum to see what it means and again no luck there. Please help me and assist me on what to do. Below is a list of the following questions I have. Thanks

What does a solid blue light mean on the wifi adapter?

Is it broken or fried and why wont the setup wizard for the wifi work on it?

Why would my reef angel just shut off completely lose power for no reason? Then come back on for less than 1 second and shut off again over and over like that? Then once I get it back on it only last 5 mins then shuts back off. It will stay on and work without anything hooked into it and haven't got to the point to let it control my tank again.

Please help anyway you can. Thanks a TON!!!!
rimai

Re: wifi mod stuck with solid blue light

Post by rimai »

Was it off as in not even power green light on the head unit?
Not sure what a solid blue light on the wifi is. Did you try connecting with Tera term?
Roberto.
homerclease

Post by homerclease »

The unit would power all the way off. The green light and screen would go off. Complete shut down. Again hasnt done it since I unplugged everything. I am back up to letting it control my heater.

The WiFi only has the solid blue. Won't allow any other lights on. Does that mean it is broken? Do I need another one? It is less than a year old.... :(
rimai

Post by rimai »

This sounds much like a bad connection on the svga cable if the green light goes off. It could even be that the cable itself internally. If you wiggle, twist and bend the svga cable, can you replicate the problem.
For your wifi module, please try connecting with tera term and see what you get.
Roberto.
homerclease

Post by homerclease »

The WiFi is still blue only. What else can I do? Is there any kind of warranty?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Were you able to connect with Tera Term?
If you prefer sending it back, please PM me.
Roberto.