Wifi isnt working right

Expansion modules and attachments
Dctrojan

Wifi isnt working right

Post by Dctrojan »

So ive got the reef angel plus and ive been using it for a few days now and ive begin to notice that the wifi is never dependable. My android app will randomly not connect or give a error unknown or say error time out.

Ive forwarded the port. I can control everything sometime and sometime it will randomly stop.

The wifi goes from a green flashing light to blue double light flashing and sometimes no lights come on

Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
rimai

Re: Wifi isnt working right

Post by rimai »

No lights is not normal.If you would like to send it back for analysis, send me a PM.
Roberto.
Dctrojan

Post by Dctrojan »

okay the wifi seems to be working ok now. Im having a problem with my att router changing the IP address thats attached to the reef angel. Ive forwarded the ports and all It just seems like everyday the ATT router gives it another public IP address.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Another public address? (Dynamic DNS is your option there)

Internal / Private address? You need to set it for static. Look in your router config you should be able to somewhere... it's usually pretty confusing. You want to make it a static dhcp lease.

Alternatively if the option does not exist, you can check what the DHCP range of your router is and set your wifi module to use a static address outside that range or towards the high end of that range where your computers don't get set at.
Dctrojan

Post by Dctrojan »

So after about a week I still cant get my wifi ubit to function correctly. I set it up using the wifi connect wizard after im finished I plug it into the controller and it works for a little while (flashing green light) , then randomly throughout the day the device will do one of two things : completely stop blinking or showing anylighys at all . Or it will flash just blue lights . What should I do?

lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Do you know if it has the 4.0 firmware? Mine had trouble because of baby monitor interference and that helped dramatically.
Dctrojan

Post by Dctrojan »

I just got the unit so ill check the firmware . Because as of right now my app wont connect to the unit so im sure ive probably got a blinking blue light