FR Expansion Speed Control

Expansion modules and attachments
OceanWolf

FR Expansion Speed Control

Post by OceanWolf »

I am using a Reef Angel RF Expansion unit to control my MP10wes. RF Expansion unit acts as a Master and Mp10 becomes the Slave.
All of the modes that I set on the RF Expansion is followed by the MP10. The RF Expansion also have a speed control that I can set. When I set the speed to 20%, the slave should also go to 20%. But it looks like the pump still needs manual adjustment. Is that normal? I thought maybe the master controls the % of the maximum set amount on the slave, but it also does not look like correct either, it goes to 100% regardless of the setting on the master.

How does the speed control work?
Thanks
Onur

rimai

Re: FR Expansion Speed Control

Post by rimai »

Could it be you have overridden the speed in the driver itself.
I've done this once to my drivers, but don't remember how I got out of it.
Roberto.
OceanWolf

Post by OceanWolf »

rimai wrote:Could it be you have overridden the speed in the driver itself.

Thanks Roberto. I asked the question to EcotechMarine. I'll report back their answer. While I wait for their response, I will reset the MP10 and recreate the master/slave relationship.

Onur
Thanks
Onur

OceanWolf

Post by OceanWolf »

OceanWolf wrote:
rimai wrote:Could it be you have overridden the speed in the driver itself.

Thanks Roberto. I asked the question to EcotechMarine. I'll report back their answer. While I wait for their response, I will reset the MP10 and recreate the master/slave relationship.

Onur
I received a response that says go talk to your 3rd party controller manufacturer. I would expect them to explain how it shoul work as the slave. Echotech received a low grade from me. What a difference between Roberto's support and theirs. I have reset the Mp10 and recreated the master/slave relationship. It looks like I can control the speed from my RF.
Thanks
Onur

rimai

Post by rimai »

Glad you got it working :)
Roberto.
OceanWolf

Post by OceanWolf »

Here is the information provided by EcoMarine Tech. I included my question to give a context.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your response. I am actually not interested how the 3rd party controller works. I am trying to figure out how the slave Mp10 behaves. Let’s assume that I have two Mp10s, one master, one slave.
On the slave if I turn down the knob all the way down, and on the master if I turn the know all the way up, would the slave disregard the knob position and goto full speed mode?
I am guessing it does not. If you put the slave to 50% and turn the master to 100%, the slave will only go to 50%. So the master controls the % of the set speed on the slave. Please note, I am not talking about the red limit setting.
Can you give me some insight?

Here is the response;

Onur,

When operating with two or more EcoSmart pumps, ALL slave pumps' speed control knobs lose their functionality.
You can select the slave mode by pressing and releasing the mode button to cycle through sync, anti-sync and eco-back*
(*ecosmart mode only)

I am still not sure. When I change the speed control in Slave mode, I notice a change in the pump. According to the EcoMarine, the knob should be dysfunctional.
Thanks
Onur

lnevo

Post by lnevo »

There explanation is accurate. Sounds like your not sync'd properly.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I don't know how to replicate what I did, but when I did this override, there was a dim led lit that would show me the max speed for that pump. It would stay very lightly dim and the pump would pulse to that preset limit instead of what the master was telling it to do.
Roberto.