Wifi solid blue led.

Expansion modules and attachments
sabo

Wifi solid blue led.

Post by sabo »

This is an ongoing saga, so bare with me.. After becoming discouraged, its time to try and get this thing sorted for once and all. It worked for maybe a couple of days, and then when I tried to reset it again, the cable had one wire break. (theres a thread about this from a couple months back) Anyway, I got some cables off of ebay, and they seeem to be ok, but have different colour wiring, but as they were specifically for programming arduino boards, I wasnt too worried about it. I then tried to program my wifi module, and the wizard wouldn't connect to it. Then I tried terraterm, and that wouldn't give me a command, so I tried one last time with screen in linux, and it wouldn't play ball with that either. I pretty much gave up in dismay as its my second wifi module thats not stayed connected with random resets or whatever.

So here I am now and I need to get my tank up and running soon, so I need to get this thing working. Tried all three utils, even the wifi sketch in the wizard and none will work. In fact after being plugged into either the RA or the TTY cable, after about 10 seconds of the blue light blinking, it comes on solid. The manual doesnt even give a code for the blue led coming on solid. I also tried the terra term ttl file posted in one of the recent threads to no luck.

Back to the cable from ebay. I initially was suspect on these due to the different colours, but I can program my controller with them, and I can use the wifi sketch and the original wifi -> RA cable and it still locks on solid blue without working. About the only thing left I can possibly try is the hard reset, but i thought I'd ask here first. When it says to place a jumper on jp1, does that mean basically just shorting two pins?
rimai

Re: Wifi solid blue led.

Post by rimai »

Yes, it is just shorting out the 2 pins, but solid blue doesn't sound correct.
Do you want to send it back??
I can take a look at it for you.
Roberto.
sabo

Post by sabo »

I'll try the hard reset and if that doesn't work, I'll have to send it back.
sabo

Post by sabo »

Meh, after opening it up and seeing the size of the pins, and not finding what I was expecting, Ill just send it back Im not exactly sure what the docs I am reading are saying, so ill not mess with it.

Edit: actually I think im going to go the ethernet route. Im going to move my router near my tank, so ethernet will be easy to hook up.
MDB1029

Post by MDB1029 »

sabo wrote:Meh, after opening it up and seeing the size of the pins, and not finding what I was expecting, Ill just send it back Im not exactly sure what the docs I am reading are saying, so ill not mess with it.

Edit: actually I think im going to go the ethernet route. Im going to move my router near my tank, so ethernet will be easy to hook up.
Just curious how this turned out. I currently have solid blue lights on my wifi adapter and it alternates with fast blue blink and slow green blink, so I wanted to know if there was something you did to make it work.
rimai

Post by rimai »

blink blue led means it is not connected to your router.
Roberto.