WP40

Expansion modules and attachments
dvdcox

WP40

Post by dvdcox »

I have 2 WP40's and Just received the cables to add them to my reef Angel+. I currently have them set on Else Mode at the lowest setting. What do I need to do to add them to the dimming ports on the relay? do I need to address both the dimming port and DC wave maker on the wizard, also do I need to have them plugged in to the wave maker ports on the relay which I believe are #5 and#6. sorry but I would like to get this right the first time. I can fine tune things once I get them running all I need to do is to be able to turn them off in water change mode and feed mode. for the lowest setting what percentage would that be I am guessing around 40%? and where does that percentage get plugged in to the wizard? Thank you everyone has been most helpful with this (Reef Angel)so far.
Dave
rimai

Re: WP40

Post by rimai »

You can plug them into any port and use the wizard to do what you want.
Roberto.
howaboutme

Post by howaboutme »

Forgive me for tagging along this thread but I have a similar question but w/ my wp-25. I am only using 1 and am trying to wrap my head around the code for the pumps. I have used the wizard to generate some sample codes but when studying the code generated, it doesn't look similar to other example codes that I've seen from other setups.

For example, I have read through these threads:

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2895

and

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2844

When I generate my code (I have not set the pump up in the tank yet as I need to be able to get it right the first time so it doesn't blow my tank away) using, for example, constant speed at 40%, I don't see anything in the code w/ the # "40". When I see other people's codes, I always see the speed within the code. I do see the lines for water and feeding modes and I understand that. I also generated sample codes for reef crest mode and the code generated doesn't include the # for % of power or the +/- % that I see on other codes.

Does the wizard only generate a base code of which we then add the custom codes to? In other words, is the wizard just a first step? Do we do anything w/ the pwm slope options in the wizard that shows up just before the dc pump options or is that superseded by the dcpump code?

I apologize in advance if you ask for the code as I am not in front of my home computer while at work...

Thanks!
Jack
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Are you using memory based or hard coded? If memory then use the portal to set the speed.
howaboutme

Post by howaboutme »

lnevo wrote:Are you using memory based or hard coded? If memory then use the portal to set the speed.
I'm using the internal memory. (I will double check tonight but I am pretty sure because I have been using internal memory and I know the wizard saves the last input.)

If that's the case, then inputting any speed in the wizard is really not necessary? So when I see other codes that have the speeds within the code like I mentioned above, are they using hard code? I thought most used internal memory...Thanks.
Jack
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Usually those are when people are setting up schedules and they want to override the mode/speed/etc during certain times. Like after feeding or at night. Or they are not using memory.
howaboutme

Post by howaboutme »

Ok, thanks lee. I will eventually want to set a schedule for mine (slowing it down a bit when the lights are off for example). First, I want to get it to run.

Is the current thinking for wp-25s still a 30% minimum power? Has anyone successfully gotten them to work lower and not had any issues?
Jack