Wif module not working over cellular data

Expansion modules and attachments
binder

Re: Wif module not working over cellular data

Post by binder »

i just tested connecting to your controller from my cell phone using my mobile/cellular carrier and i was able to connect to your device perfectly fine. so it could be what lee stated and your cellular provider/carrier blocks the data on that port.
if it blocks data on port 2000, then you will want to change your port that you use. i would suggest changing the port to 80 (which is the default port for web pages and should definitely be unblocked) or port 8080 which is the alternate web standard port. then setup your router to take data requests on port 80 (or 8080) and forward them to port 2000 of the RA wifi adapter. that's actually what i do/did at home when i was running 2 ra's on the same network and wanted public access to both of them.
Albe

Post by Albe »

Francois - who is your SP and what APN is your phone setup to work with? I'm with MTN and using internet as APN gives me issues. Changing it to mymtn made a difference, although it shouldn't according to them.
Francois

Post by Francois »

binder wrote:i just tested connecting to your controller from my cell phone using my mobile/cellular carrier and i was able to connect to your device perfectly fine. so it could be what lee stated and your cellular provider/carrier blocks the data on that port.
if it blocks data on port 2000, then you will want to change your port that you use. i would suggest changing the port to 80 (which is the default port for web pages and should definitely be unblocked) or port 8080 which is the alternate web standard port. then setup your router to take data requests on port 80 (or 8080) and forward them to port 2000 of the RA wifi adapter. that's actually what i do/did at home when i was running 2 ra's on the same network and wanted public access to both of them.
Thanx for coming back to me, ok the way I understand this is please clarify me if I'm wrong :?

I have to change the port of the wifi module to 80 or 8080 (How would I do this) on tera term?
Then I have to setup port forwarding with the assigned port number of the wifi module.
How would I forward port 80 or 8080 to port 2000?
Francois

Post by Francois »

Albe wrote:Francois - who is your SP and what APN is your phone setup to work with? I'm with MTN and using internet as APN gives me issues. Changing it to mymtn made a difference, although it shouldn't according to them.
Hi Albe

My ISP is Afrihost at home where the wif modle gets its data from, I changed to them two months ago. Before them I was with Telkom and never had this issue. My cellular network is Vodacom.
rimai

Post by rimai »

You don't need to change 2000 in the wifi attachment.
You can redirect traffic from one port to another.
So, any incoming traffic on port 80 of your router would be routed to port 2000 of your wifi attachment.
When you setup the port forwarding on your router, it usually asks from which port you want to forward and you pick 80 and to which port you want to forward it to and you choose 2000.
Roberto.
Christo

Post by Christo »

Hay Francois!

Is Christo!!!!! Is you RA Sorted? I'm Struggling with Portforwarding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Francois

Post by Francois »

rimai wrote:You don't need to change 2000 in the wifi attachment.
You can redirect traffic from one port to another.
So, any incoming traffic on port 80 of your router would be routed to port 2000 of your wifi attachment.
When you setup the port forwarding on your router, it usually asks from which port you want to forward and you pick 80 and to which port you want to forward it to and you choose 2000.
Wow! It's working on my cellular network provider now as well they do block port 2000. What an easy fix. Thanx for helping me out guys :mrgreen:
Francois

Post by Francois »

Christo wrote:Hay Francois!

Is Christo!!!!! Is you RA Sorted? I'm Struggling with Portforwarding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey boet! RA sorted out now.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Awesome!!! :)
Roberto.