Router Swap

Expansion modules and attachments
monte455

Router Swap

Post by monte455 »

So I decided to replace my old linksys wrt54g for a shiny new netgear n450. It's a lot more interactive menu and ease of static local wifi ip assignment. When my RA first connected (set routers name and Pw to be the same as the older one was so I didn't have to go reset that info in each wifi device) it connected just fine. A little while later (within the hour) I started getting connection issues notification through the app. I viewed the attached devices and the RA had dropped off. Connected it back up by reseting the wifi module on RA (unplug replug to head unit) and was able to refresh away but not home profiles (checked I had correct home ip in settings, it was right), then within the hour it dropped off the wifi attached device list again. I do have port forwarding on for 2000 and local static ip set, during the first hour I did change my broadcast channel from 1 to 6 for traffic in range. Thoughts? Any netgear users go though something similar?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
monte455

Re: Router Swap

Post by monte455 »

2nd note was I did have to change the away host ip upon installation of the new router, is this ip also stored in the wifi set up? I can't remember. ....

rimai

Post by rimai »

Was the old router working fine?
Roberto.
monte455

Post by monte455 »

Yes except static local ip, every once in a while I would need to go back into the router and fix which ip address is assigned as the port forward and change the home ip in the app to whatever it jumped to locally

rimai

Post by rimai »

yes, that makes sense.
Try setting the new router with WPA2-PSK with AES encryption
Don't use mixed mode.
Roberto.
monte455

Post by monte455 »

I don't use passwords, only allow list of devices based on Mac address. Is the wan address part of the wifi set up because that did change from old to new router. Other is possible poor signal, just fixed that and should know in the hour if issues still happen.

monte455

Post by monte455 »

Just dumped the RA from the network

monte455

Post by monte455 »

So it ended up being wrong local ip address made static. Old router ended in .###, this one is just .#